1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cheap distortion pedals

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Tourdeforce1, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Tourdeforce1

Tourdeforce1

I had a bunch of pedals stolen a while back and I wanna start getting some new ones to replace what I lost. You have any cheaper distortions you really dig. Would love to get a wooly mammoth and a bass bully but I'm trying to be realistic in the current. Also any pedal repair guys you really dig in L.A. because I still have one of those old giant graphic fuzz pedals that needs repairing.
  2. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Malekko Heavy Industry
  3. spaz21387

spaz21387

proco rat 50$ used or so.
  4. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
    The EH Bass Big Muff Pi is a pretty decent fuzz pedal at around $85 (if I remember correctly.) It is probably less versatile than the Wooly (I guess? I don't have a Wooly since the price is a little scary for me too) but it sounds good at what it does. And you simply can't go wrong with the forum favorite Sanamp VT for like less than $200.
  5. Tourdeforce1

Tourdeforce1

I still have a sans amp and am a little over muffs. I saw a dude with two rats back to back a while ago and it sounded pretty cool.
  6. ETThompson

ETThompson Supporting Member

+1 on the SansAmp VT. Got it after it was recommended here and never leaves my signal chain.
  7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

If you don't mind clones, they're less expensive alternatives to those you named.
  8. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
    Link to Bass Bully and Wooly Mammoth "clones" you speak of?
  9. Tourdeforce1

Tourdeforce1

I'm also curious about those clones