Cheap-o effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tobo, Dec 3, 2012.

1. tobo

tobo

So I need a fuzz pedal for my new band..

Found this little beaut on thomman for a scandelously low 15 euro...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_dm_100.htm

thing is, when it comes to music equipment I have learnt you get what you pay for!!

To be honest, my budget wont go beyong 60 euro or so as it is, and, I actually preffered the sound sample from the cheaper one..

Am I being naive in thinking Id get a good pedal for 15 euro? Or sceptical in just assuming its shite? :p
  2. perogato02

perogato02

Soundwise, those behringer-thingies are not that bad ... you just can't beat the price setting! You can't even find a used pedal for that money.

But the casing of those pedals are plastic, after stomping a few times on it, it is bound to crack. Only use them when playing bare-footed :p
  3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp Supporting Member

Behringer's quality control is very suspect and they're pedals are hit or miss. Do not buy without having played it in person...unless you can find a deal here on Talkbass (most of US are held accountable to say whether or not something is broken or sounds like total garbage). Even then, the plastic housing doesn't scream "reliable" or "durable".
  4. wshines1892

wshines1892

Oh no, not another Behringer thread! Tone wise they're pretty cool. A lot of people will say "the plastic is too weak" but I've been using a rotary pedal of theirs for two years now and have yet to even crack a knob. It may be plastic, but it not flimsy by any means. Under normal use there's no reason you should crack it. Maybe if you set it on its side and stood on it you coul get it to crack, but I can FIND ways to break just about anything.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. alec

alec

IMO you're better off with a secondhand modded Bad Monkey or something like that.
  7. necropain

necropain

i would recomend the ultra fuzz or super fuzz rather than the diustortion but behringer stuff is okay i use their ocatver an delay and they hold up fine also about the plastic casing unless you are throwing them against walls you will be fine