1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cheap way for emulate Geddy Lee's tone

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fredolee16, Dec 16, 2013.

1. fredolee16

fredolee16

I saw this video yesterday and it looks very interesting. After watched, I did my assignment because I have all the three basic things to try the sound. I used this:
    1. Squier Vintage Modified 77's Jazz bass(all two volumes up and tone control all the way too)
    2. New Strings (no new strings? Forget about it)I use Ernie ball 45-100 on my bass
    3. Behringer BDI21 with this settings:
    -Drive=like 3:00 o'clock
    -Treble=like 4:00
    -Bass=like 1:00
    -Level=Half
    -Presence=like 2:00
    -Blend=all the way up
    I don't have the way to record the sound for you but I'm sure that this will work.
    The video is a great tutorial but like he said (and believe me it's works) you don't have to spend in a Geddy or USA jazz bass or even the $199 sansamp bass driver. With a great Squier Vintage modified jazz and the Behringer BDI21 you can get the sound. Try it and have a good time playing some Rush.
  2. Bass Fund

Bass Fund

Don't forget the BA bridge.
  3. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Good job and it does sound like his current tone. This is one favorite tones of his:

4. fredolee16

fredolee16

Agree,,,very nice tone here. I'm very happy with my new setting. Just like $380 and have the tone of one of my heroes. About the BA bridge, I'm thinking not to change the original bridge even when I don't like the way it looks because this bass has huge sustain, perfect intonation and very low action. I don't want to loose any of this.