Check Out These KILLER LIGHTWEIGHT CABS!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by john nam, Feb 9, 2013.

1. john nam

john nam

Like many of you, I was always on the lookout for a light cab that was loud and looked as great as it sounded. I stumbled onto E&M, which is a small custom pro audio workshop out of California that is beginning to make some very serious custom bass cabs. I visited their shop and spoke with them for hours and they explained to me their philosophy on speakers and cabs and all of the engineering that goes into each one of their products.

These cabs are handmade from solid California redwood, you can specify the drivers/ohms/power handling that you want (they can make some great recommendations as well), their neo loaded 1x12 weighs 25lbs (not a typo), sounds unbelievable, it can put out some serious volume, turn around time is 2-3 weeks if you want something not in stock, price range for a 1x12 is around $400 and for a 2x10 is $500 (a steal IMO for these one-of-a-kind cabs).

They're so new in the bass cab game that they don't have a website yet, but if you'd like to get in touch with them, you can contact Natalia at evmmpro@yahoo.com. I usually don't get this excited about a piece of gear, but these cabs really are unique.

[​IMG]

2. Silver Blues

Silver Blues

Whoa. I think these guys might have a winner here.

--Silvie

3. pedroims

pedroims

those cabs looks awesome, do they have some clips? I am looking for light 1x12 and this looks yummy

4. iualum

iualum

Did they recommend some 12s & 10s to you? If so, which ones?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. john nam

john nam

No, they don't have clips yet and yes, they did make some suggestions on speakers but it really depends on what you're trying to achieve; it would be best to ask them directly at the email above :).