1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cherryburst Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bjabass, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bjabass

bjabass

Many years ago I traded a Ric 4001 for a cherry burst Fender P bass...(as seen in my avatar). I just didn't like the Ric neck or sound. I don't see a lot of Fenders in cherry burst, I always assumed it was more of a Gibson color.

Did Fender actually make cherry burst bodies or is this a one-off re-finish job? (Looked new when I bought it, mid 90's I guess...)

2. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

No, that is not a one-off re-finish. Fender did make them in that color. I always liked that finish. You're pretty lucky to have one.

3. bound'n'blocked

bound'n'blocked

I haad a factory special run MIM Jazz in with a cherry burst flamed top. LOVED that bass. Wish I hadnt traded it now....

BnB

4. bjabass

bjabass

I like mine a lot, put a Warmoth birdseye maple/birdseye maple neck on it, the original rosewood neck wasn't too stable....

I looked around here and haven't seen another one yet.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Yep that's a stock finish and one of my favorites as well. Here's mine next to a vintage white bass I built a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

7. bjabass

bjabass

Sweet! I like the white/gold look too...a little formal for my own use but I love seeing others...like Nathan Easts Yammie

8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    They made them for several years. It is sometimes referred to as Sienna Sunburst. I had a 78 in that color that was stolen from me by my drummer in 1984. They are rare and I plan on getting another one this year.