1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cherryburst Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bjabass, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bjabass

bjabass

Many years ago I traded a Ric 4001 for a cherry burst Fender P bass...(as seen in my avatar). I just didn't like the Ric neck or sound. I don't see a lot of Fenders in cherry burst, I always assumed it was more of a Gibson color.

Did Fender actually make cherry burst bodies or is this a one-off re-finish job? (Looked new when I bought it, mid 90's I guess...)
  2. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

No, that is not a one-off re-finish. Fender did make them in that color. I always liked that finish. You're pretty lucky to have one.
  3. bound'n'blocked

bound'n'blocked

I haad a factory special run MIM Jazz in with a cherry burst flamed top. LOVED that bass. Wish I hadnt traded it now....

BnB
  4. bjabass

bjabass

I like mine a lot, put a Warmoth birdseye maple/birdseye maple neck on it, the original rosewood neck wasn't too stable....

I looked around here and haven't seen another one yet.
  5. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Yep that's a stock finish and one of my favorites as well. Here's mine next to a vintage white bass I built a few years ago.
    [​IMG]
  6. bjabass

bjabass

Sweet! I like the white/gold look too...a little formal for my own use but I love seeing others...like Nathan Easts Yammie
  7. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    They made them for several years. It is sometimes referred to as Sienna Sunburst. I had a 78 in that color that was stolen from me by my drummer in 1984. They are rare and I plan on getting another one this year.