1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Chevy jazz bass (80s Fender copy?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MaGrass, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MaGrass

MaGrass

Hello gents,

I have a question: I just got this bass off a friend, haven't bought it yet, I'm just about to try it. It has electric issues so I'll have a look at those. I initially went to see my friend to try out an Antoria (Another jazz bass copy but features the typical fujijen built) it sounds pretty good. This one I picked up is mute at the moment due to the issues above mentioned but I was looking at the wood and seems pretty good to be Another copy. It's definitely from 80s.
    By what you can find online (not much), chevy is a brand that made copies and changed name but apparently up to 1993, they have employed good materials, in terms of wood.

In any case, we couldn't find an exact pricing for this bass and so here I am posting this, looking for the basstalkers' expertise to enlighten me about this new chevy brother....

Oh and here are the pics:

Attached Files:

2. MaGrass

MaGrass

Two more pictures...actually the main ones!

Attached Files:

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

It's a $100.00 to $150.00 dollar bass in excellent condition I hope you get it fixed it could be a keeper.

4. MaGrass

MaGrass

Cheers... I've just finished doing some surgery on it...:

Black pup: off an american jazz from 77
    White pup: one of the first after market pups, probably made from di marzio but still not too Sure who made it.

Preamp: j retro flat response....

The only thing I want to get for this beast now is an excellent fretless neck.....any suggestion?

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad