Chi Sonics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CliftonBonney, Dec 30, 2012.

1. CliftonBonney

CliftonBonney Gold Supporting Member

I'm interested in building a bass with these pickups, but the information out there is pretty scarce. Can anyone help me with my questions?

1. It appears that there are single coil versions as well as humbuckers, but I've only seen one place that sells them (bestbassgear.com). They only sell single coils. So, is it true that there are humbuckers? If so, where do you get them?

2. Bestbassgear sells the single coils for $230, but I've seen some used ones sell for $70. That's a pretty big drop in value. Are the Chi Sonics not all that good? Why the poor resale values?

3. What type of routing template works with the Chi Sonics? Even though Bestbassgear sells the pickups and some routing templates, they don't have a template specifically for the Chi Sonics. Will another one work?

I realize these are odd questions, but any help would be appreciated.
  2. Bobster

Bobster

Hi Clifton,

I'd recommend contacting Lakland directly about ChiSonics. They should be able to give you the best information.

Bob
  3. lowendrv

lowendrv

4. johnson79

johnson79

From what I've heard the Chisonics are great. Looks like the hum-canceling are an active option.