1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Chic!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BenBL, Feb 12, 2013.

1. BenBL

BenBL

SO I felt like listening to some Dance music today so I pulled up Spotify and put on both of Chic's greatest hit's albums...AMAZING!

Bernard Edwards wrote some incredible bass lines and the rest of the band is amazing as well, I will definitely be learning some of these lines!

P.S. Before this I had only heard Good times and La freak I had only had a taste of Chic
  2. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

The Chic rhythm section was one of my favourites. Also check out Sister Sledge's "We Are Family" and Diana Ross' "Diana" (both albums were written, produced and played on by Chic).
  3. BenBL

BenBL

Thanks, I'll definitely have to check these out
  4. sammyp

sammyp

you got that right! Bernard was nasty good!
  5. ERIC31

ERIC31

Although not quite as funky as their earlier music, Bernard (bass), Nile (guitar/producer) and Tony Thompson (drums) are all over Madonna's Like A Virgin CD.