1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Chicago-area original band looking for Bassist

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by St. Vitus Dance, Aug 30, 2010.

1. St. Vitus Dance

St. Vitus Dance

Local Chicago-area original band looking for bassist.

Ideally, we are a 4 piece alt-rock band. Lead, Vocals/Rhythm, Drums, Bass.

We are looking for a like-minded bassist (with some backup vocal ability).

A little about us:
    We are not trying to make a living doing this, all of us have jobs/family/etc... we just want to write, gig, and have fun.
    We have played many clubs in the city and plan to play many more once we find our missing piece.
    We are all 30+ years old.
    We have recently recorded an 11 track CD that we will be releasing soon.

Occasionally, we may sneak in the oddball cover into our set, but we are NOT a cover band and have no interest in becoming one.

Practices: Once a week on Thursdays in the Downers Grove/Woodridge area.

Gigging: No more than once per week at most, opening slots or whatever.

You can hear a few of the CD tracks here:

http://www.stvitusdance.com/

2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Oooh, hey -- I've been on the lookout for just this type of original band for awhile, now. Some really good rockin' tunes you guys have on your website! :bassist::bassist::bassist:

I'll give you a call at the number listed and if the position is still open, hopefully we can see about setting up an audition.

--Dan

3. St. Vitus Dance

St. Vitus Dance

by all means, if it seems up your alley, let us know so we can set up an audition.

dave@stvitusdance.com

4. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Bump for a good group of guys.

I did the audition and they have several other bass players to try out, but I'm really interested in this group. Really great tunes from an all original band and if you think you might like to try out check out their music on the link above and then give them a call. :bassist::cool:

5. Register to disable this ad