Chicago Bass Players!!!! The Chicago Low Down Bass Event.

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by Tslicebass, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Tslicebass

Tslicebass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    CB Basses. BassMusicianMagazine.com
    The first in what will hopefully be a series of shows! At Reggie's Music Joint in Chicago on Dec 19th. See flyer for details. First installment featuring

PJ and Soul (Pennal Johnson)
    www.reverbnation.com/pennalpjjohnson
    PJ is a killer bassist and his band is really killin. I caught them a few months ago. Pennal has performed with Lubriphonic, Sean Chambers, Safe Haven, and Leo Nocentelli. A few of PJ's endorsements are Wyn Guitars, Aguilar, Dean Markley Strings. Check out his website for tunes, bio etc.

Chris Clemente Trio
    http://www.chrisclemente.com
    Chris has been a mainstay in Chicago for years now and has performed with everybody! He is best known for being the bassist for Chicago fusion pioneers Kick The Cat - http://www.kickthecatmusic.com In addition to KTC, Chris has also performed with Crawl, Drop Q, Randy Brecker, Hiram Bullock and Percy Sledge. He endorses Warwick Basses and Ramirez Basses.

T.S.5 (Tim Seisser)
    http://timseisser.bandcamp.com
    T.S.5 is a musical experience like none other. This jazz/funk band melds feel good grooves with improvisation to create music that is good for the soul. Featuring some of Chicago’s most talented instrumentalists, Drummer Jonathan Marks, Keyboardist Andrew Toombs, Saxophonist Rich Moore and Trombonist Luke Malewicz. T.S.5 has played many major Chicago and Midwest venues including The Green Mill, Martyrs, and The Taste of Chicago. In addition to leading T.S.5, Tim has also performed with Nick Colionne, Ron Haynes, Howard Levy, Mark Colby, and many others. He endorses CB Basses and is a staff writer for Bass Musician Magazine.

Please come out if you can. Bass players do not get enough opportunities to showcase their abilities as leaders and front men. I am hoping with a good turn out we can make this a regular event.

http://www.reggieslive.com/show/t-s-5/

[​IMG]

2. Tslicebass

Disclosures:
    One week to go! 3 of Chicago's finest bass players. Who's coming??? :bassist:

3. Tslicebass

Disclosures:
    Tomorrow night! It will be a great night of bass and a great hang!

4. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. marcinski

marcinski

I'm glad i found this thread before the show :)
    It will be nice break from all that x-mass shopping and lots of work.
    :bassist:

7. Tslicebass

Disclosures:
    Tonights the night! :hyper: :bassist:

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Dang, wish I could make it! I like Reggie's, but that's a tough trip for this North Sider on a work night. Have fun, guys!

Tim, did you play one of the Bass nights at the Elbo Room a couple years ago organized by Jauqo, accompanied by a horn section?

9. Tslicebass

Disclosures:
    I did not do any of the gigs at elbo room although I did attend and did a write up on one of them for BMM. I did one of them at Darkroom after he stopped doing them at Elbo Room and also did one at a school. And yes, i am quite often seen with horns ;)

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

I did go to one of the Darkroom shows, so it could have been there (getting old, ugh). Anyways, that set was great, so I'll assume it was you.:D Best of luck tonight.

11. Tslicebass

Disclosures:
    A little clip of what you missed if you were not there
    !
    Sorry for the poor audio and sideways viewing.
    Anyways, the night was a huge success and there will be more! Keep an eye out for the next Chicago Lowdown Bass Event