1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

China Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by D L Parish, Mar 17, 2014.

1. D L Parish

D L Parish

Oct 6, 2011
    Hi All i stopped in at a ma and paw music store the other day to look around. and spotted a used Squire jazz bass setting in the corner behind some other high priced basses.

so i ask if i could play it, Sure he said.

so i set and played it for a bit and fell in love with it.

now it,s a Squire by Fender made in china.

it is a nice bass and the set up is right on and the neck is well made and feels nice and plays nice and has good sound.

so i ask how much he shot me a good price, i ask if he took trade in he said he might.

so i went home and got my mint Yamaha RBX170 that was my first bass to let him look at it. well to make a long story short he gave me $40 more than i paid for it trade in. so i had to give him $25 dollars boot. i got $100.00 in a nice jazz bass.

it has a couple nicks on the paint but not bad.

and some one had put a P bass bridge cover on it. I LIKE IT

here is some pic

Don

Attached Files:

2. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    Nice.... But that Yamaha was a good bass too...

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. rolandm

rolandm In search of the lowest note. Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Peoria, IL
    Very nice score. I agree, the Yamaha is a good bass, too. And so is the Squier. Very cost-effective for the quality of manufacture. I think if you're heart is set on a Jazz bass, or a Precision, or a Hofner, and you get one, you've found gold. Congrats on the new bass day!

5. D L Parish

D L Parish

Oct 6, 2011
    Muziekschuur HI

you are right the yamaha rbx170 is a nice bass but after i bought a Peavey Fury with the thin neck, i have fell in love with thin necks basses. and the yamaha was not being used much anymore and kinda plane jane and had a fat neck lol.

thanks Don

6. D L Parish

D L Parish

Oct 6, 2011
    here is a pick of my Two thin neck basses.

Don

Attached Files: