1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Chipotle

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 11, 2014.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Where do you come down on the Chipotle chain? I had it for the second time just this past week. I thought it was bland compared to the other Mexican food spots I have been to in CA. Their chicken was well cooked and of decent quality, in my experience at least.
  2. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Since you are in Northern California, there is really no reason for you to go to Chipoltle. Go to taquerias my good man! Better and cheaper.

I go there sometimes, but I have kids and live...well, you know where I live.

I really want to share a link I posted on FB where someone rails against Chipoltle's burritio construction. But waaaaaaay too much profanity to post. :/
  3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Dr. Marsh,

It's time to come over again for Mexican food! :)
  4. fmoore200

fmoore200

Rather make my own, but in a bind I'll throw some cash down.. Too expensive IMO
  5. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Probably the best Mexican in suburban Philadelphia.
    Yes, that is damning with faint praise - but it also true.

I know that I will never again have it as good as when I lived in San Diego, and so:
    Some bass player said that...
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

True, although I was in central Mexico for a week in November, so that helped. Still...love love love Mexican food.
  7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

The idea that I'm spending $9 on a burrito in San Diego seems offensive to my understanding of supply and demand.

That said, I've spent $9 there on a number of occasions.
  8. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

It's not as good as my favorite place: La Cumbre (http://www.taquerialacumbre.com) in the Mission section of SF, but for Cape Cod Chipotle is OK.

Funny, they still don't have a Lobstah burrito......
  9. geeza

geeza

Disclosures:
    Huh?
    It's no Moe's.
  10. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I live in Houston, I consider Chipotle to be about as Mexican as Taco Bell. Then again there is a Taqueria on just about every corner where I live. If the place doesn't sell barbacoa and tamales its not real Mexican food.
  11. fmoore200

fmoore200

I'm surprised chipotle is even in the south west :confused:

I thought it was faux Mexican food for east coasters :ninja:
  12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

+1

Moe's is superior in every way to Chipotle. That said, nothing beats the real deal.
  13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    There are about as many chipotles near me as there are taco bells. Meaning 1 or 2 within an hour's drive.

My wife had a client that used to give her free chipotle coupons, and we never used em. One day we did, and then regretted not having used any of the others which had expired. They were crazy coupons too, more like gift certificates. 4 free burritos of our choice, on a single coupon... like that.

Only had 1 chipotle experience, but loved it.
  14. tplyons

tplyons

It's consistently good, but if you're lucky enough to find a decent mom and pop Mexican joint it will put Chipotle to shame.
  15. BEEFY BASS MAN

BEEFY BASS MAN

+1 I couldn't agree more. The chains are ok but not great.
  16. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

we used to go now and then but discovered a great taco recipe at home, now we stay home for mexican.
  17. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Freebird's is worlds better. Of course, so is any taco truck. Chipotle is on par with Taco Bell in my book.
  18. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I give them a meh.

I prefer taco bell.
  19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I was not a fan the few times I have tried them. I did appreciate the speed with which my meal was prepared and the ability to be able to watch my meal being prepared. In this day when there are so many horror stories about food prep in commercial kitchens, it's nice to see the process right in front of you.

-Mike
  20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Same here.