1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Chipped pot holes...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by NelsonNelson, Jan 7, 2013.

1. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

In installing my new preamp I chipped only two of the 5 pot holes barely. Does this matter?

I noticed the washer will cover the minor "damage" just fine. And that will be covered by the knob. I guess if I was ridiculously sensitive it might matter but it's a bass...kind of like a truck, right? =D
  2. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

It happens. Nothing to worry about.
  3. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

If you have the chips, super glue them back.

I enlarged 2 holes on my bass a long time ago for RadioShack switches. I've decided that was stupid and filled the holes with epoxy from a fiberglass repair kit. Now, I just have to paint over them with black paint and decide if I want to re-drill for tone pots/pre-amp or just rock 2 volumes.

EDIT: ^^^ that's only if you make the problem worse; like Hammerhead said, just don't worry about it... Hammerhead said... IT RHYMES!!!
  4. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Your Bass is hooped. Ship to me immediately for proper disposal.
  5. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson

Disclosures:
    Professional Luthier
    I think that The Chipped Pot Holes is an excellent name for a band.
  6. tjmdetroit

tjmdetroit

96tbird... the EPA has strict rules about disposing things... if your not hip to them... don't worry I won't let you get into any trouble... ship the bass to me... I got your back my brother.