Choosing a pedal case?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HunterBurgan4Me, Feb 8, 2013.

1. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

So I'm wanting to buy a pedalcase, I won't be using more than about 4-5 pedals and a wireless and i'm looking for something under £100

I've already got a friend who's going to sell me a powerbank so that isn't an issue.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I looked at this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinsman-Ultima-ABS-Pedal-Case/dp/B001ELA2UW/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_img_y

but there are several comments saying the lining isn't very durable.

I gig regularly, a couple of times a week but don't need a full flight case yet.
  2. TC424

TC424

3. Aquila0507

Aquila0507

I've been using an old samsonite suitcase. You know the old plastic granny suitcases. They are very cheap and can be easily found at second hand stores. The 24X24 cases will fit a pt2, cables, and a small SS head.
  4. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Diago gigman! Big enough for more than that amount yet small enough to not take up space and its also under £100 got mine for £90 it came with a pedalboard light for a little extra so you should be able to pick up the board slightly less than that. Also if your in the Uk like me (assuming from the £££) then head to Basschat and see if any are up second hand they go real cheap. The board itself comes with Velcro already installed and has complimentary Velcro for all your pedals. It's built like a tank would take quite a bit to break! Any questions feel free to ask.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. PENLIYL

PENLIYL Supporting Member

PT Jr with HSC. Done.
  7. Soppy Hat

Soppy Hat

Hey Aquila, I reallllly like that suitcase-board idea, how are you liking yours? I'm cheap and would rather not spend over $200 on a board.

One would think that with some clever mounting and a power supply, it would work really well on the cheap.

Only problem I can see is wah pedal operation, but you can get suitcases for stupid prices so whatever- and you can always hacksaw gaps in them.
  8. crapusername

crapusername

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I use the gator pedal tote and pedal tote pro.
    Great boards and reasonably priced.
    They also have a carrying case
  9. metaball

metaball

i'm a big fan of cases. i picked up this typewriter case for $2 @ a thirft store.
    [​IMG]

my other boards are in gun & tool cases, which can be found in a variety of sizes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]