1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Choosing between Aguilar GS212 vs Aguilar GS112 (2) vs Eden D212XST

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dbamta, Sep 9, 2013.

1. dbamta

dbamta

I currently own a single Aguilar GS112 and I am very happy playing small gigs with it but, I would like get some with a little bigger for larger gigs. I am considering the following options:

1. Purchase another Aguilar GS112

2. Purchase Aguilar GS212

3. Purchase Eden D212XST

2. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

I went with the additional GS112(s) for modularity...bring what I need and nothing more. As has been stated on TB many times, a second GS112 (or NT) adds WAY more than one would suspect. Although I have four of them, I have only used all of them once. Honestly, two have given me all that was needed for any club/bar gig I have done. Anything larger, or outdoors and I'm in the PA. Interestingly, when I first auditioned the GS112, I was using Peavey 410TXs and I did the old informal living room test...side by side, one GS112 gave me all of the volume and low end of the 410TX (admittedly nowhere near the most efficient 410 out there...but not bad, either). My back shed nary a tear to see the 410s leave. The GS112s were one of the first standalone 12s out there that had serious bottom in a relatively compact form. Now, there are many...most of which are reportedly a lot livelier in the mids than the GS112s, but mine have become like an old friend...they suit my (lack of) style and sensibility...and they give me the sound that is in my head...now, if they could only magically correct all those flubbed notes...

Kim

3. johnpbass

johnpbass

As rok51 says, adding a second GS112 really ramps things up a lot. I once asked Aguilar CS about the difference between running 2 GS112s va. one GS212. They said that you might hear a slight difference, but the two were designed around the same tonal profile. For that reason, I went with the 2 112s for added modularity. You could do a fairly large gig with 2 GS112s, especially if you're in the PA.