Chord Extensions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Dec 4, 2013.

1. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

Hi guys. Got the video lessons back on track finally after being away. This is the latest in the Music Theory For Bass series and covers chord extensions beyond the seventh.

http://www.talkingbass.net/music-theory-bass-guitar-extensions/

It's a bit more advanced than previous lessons but I'm still trying to keep it concise and to the point. For anyone that gets a bit confused with the initial inclusion of the maj11 and the other 11th chords that have a major 3rd, it all gets addressed later in the lesson when I touch on voicing so don't go nuts and give me a hard time ;)

Been behind schedule with the lessons because I've been stuck gigging on a ship for the past month (hence the extra fat round the neck area!) and writing the new Study Book Of Scales which I've FINALLY finished. So I should be back to weekly lessons.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Criticism is always welcome because I want to make these lessons as good and as comprehensive as possible.

Mark