Chorus Pedal for Bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Caius1991, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Caius1991

Caius1991

Looking for a decent chorus pedal for bass, unsure on which one to get really, seems to be some good ones out there, price range i was thinking was $60 - $130. Any help is appreciated :)
  2. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

I am actually in the same boat... I was looking at the EHX Memory Boy because it seemed to have reverb/delay/chorus type effects all in one. Thoughts?
  3. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

Defiantly recommend the Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensamble. I use it and I live it
  4. RocktimusBass

RocktimusBass

Corona Chorus by TC Electronic. Lots of cool tone prints you can download. They are releasing a tone print editor so you will be able to tweak it yourself. No low end loss, deep chorus tone.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. punisher911

punisher911

I'm happy with my Hardwire Stereo Chorus..
  7. Mike in Chicago

Mike in Chicago Supporting Member

My beautiful wife just ordered me a Tech21 Bass Boost Chorus from Sweetwater yesterday, and its already here.

It's a great chorus...i'm gonna have alot of fun with this.
  8. stepswork4me

stepswork4me Supporting Member

I've got the Corona. It sounds nice. It's rich and full. No tone suck or thinness like with some others I've tried.
  9. sevdog

sevdog

For good old fashioned Cure-type as well as 70's fusion fretless-type bass chorus my Boss CEB-3 has worked well for years, if you want all kinds of other sounds then something else might be better for you though.
  10. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

11. tonym

tonym

Another for the Corona. I've had quite a few chorus pedals and it's a very good one for the price. Many different types of chorus sounds, and with TC releasing the TonePrint editor it makes it even more tweakable. There's one for sales in the TB classifieds (not mine!) for a good price right now.
  12. stepswork4me

stepswork4me Supporting Member

Also many of the Coronas used at GC. It looks as though many of the players that got them in the holiday giveaway got 'em and took 'em straight to the store. $99 for what look to be brand new and unused.
  13. Spaldo

Spaldo

Chorus should be outlawed....
  14. Plays_For_Dog

Plays_For_Dog Supporting Member

They're all good really. I've tried a lot. I prefer the MXR's for your price range. Either one; bass or analog model.
  15. SDMFJay

SDMFJay

the new MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe sounds amazing from what I've seen and heard.
  16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

17. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

Iron Ether Polytope for something a bit different than the usual chorus. I dig mine. Frankly I am not sure how well it would do the classic Jaco fretless super-warm chorus sound since I just don't use that sound. But it had a unique set of tones built around highly controllable detuning of up to 4 different voices in addition to your dry sound.
  18. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Awesome, The Cure is who I think of when I want to emulate a chorus sound... Them and ISIS.
  19. cnltb

cnltb

20. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

+1 and you get a serious flanger as a bonus. This chorus is one of the few that really holds the bass down.
  21. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

I'll throw in another vote for the Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, I've had one for about 3 years and it's always done what I need it to do. I've been wanting to try out the TC Electronics Corona Chorus as well though. Both of these can be had for a reasonable price if you look around/buy used.