1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Christmas Bass Anxiety

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Presto2112, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Presto2112

Presto2112

Anyone else with a big box with a music store label that you can't open? It sucks haha
  2. thebrian

thebrian Still can't think of anything good to put here. Supporting Member

Sounds like a nice problem to have!
  3. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

She let me open mine . I love my wife.
  4. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Nope, not a chance, not this year.
  5. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

My wife not only said no, she said "HAIL no!" (which might have been because six used basses have mysteriously appeared in the house this year!).
  6. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

no, but I just ordered some new dean markley helix strings, a new neotech megabass strap, a new clip on tuner, and some new speed knobs for one of my basses. cant wait for the little box to get here :smug:

btw, considering I had three price matches, and an eGiftCertificate from a less than cooperative third party, I was thoroughly impressed with the customer service at... wait for it.......GC! :eek:
  7. kbaxter26

kbaxter26 Supporting Member

I wouldn't even ask...priorities are a wee bit different.
  8. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member

My "Christmas Gift" arrived about a week before Thanksgiving. It's an all white Rickenbacker 2030 "Hamburg" bass. I opened it as soon as it arrived to check it's condition and even tuned it up and played it for about half an hour.
    I then returned it to the case, and my wife immediately wrapped it so that I can't have it until Christmas.

my one consolation is that it can be the first gift I open on Christmas morning, since I already know what it is. lol
  9. jfh2112

jfh2112

I just bought a Carvin, so I'm good for the next few Christmases.

Sure would like a fretless, though...
  10. Dave Siff

Dave Siff Supporting Member

I bought myself a very nice present this year. It's being made in a workshop north of here (but not by elves). From what I'm told, it may be finished by Christmas. I'll be driving my own "sleigh" to pick it up!
  11. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

I've heard horror stories, but my GC has always been fantastic.
  12. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict Supporting Member

Nope..
    One of the conditions for me buying my new car was no new basses for 3 years.
    That's OK, I'm loving my new ride!
  13. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    My wife and I usually wait till tax time for our gifts, and just focus on the kids for Christmas.

That said, at tax time I'll be collecting parts and wood for a fretless build for myself.
  14. ebick

ebick

Kinda sorta....my step-son lives in another state and we spend several weeks there during the course of the year, over the summer and at Xmas. The wife had already convinced me to keep an acoustic guitar up there, and now that I've started playing bass, well, I got a great deal on an acoustic bass to keep up there, so it's sitting up there, new in-the-box, waiting for us to get there next Friday.
  15. mrb327

mrb327 Just say No to Tort Supporting Member

I guess you missed the message, you cant hide them all in the same closet or room. The breed like rabbits and multiply!

I too have been bass banished for Christmas...but its been a good year, 2 new Ps and a sub4 :hyper:
  16. JACink

JACink

My beloved bought me a B205SM for Christmas, and although she already opened it and checked for faults, I am out of the country until just before Christmas, so I will have to wait! (I have been drooling over photos that she sent me though!)
  17. Dug2

Dug2

im with him! (unfortunate for me & him):(
  18. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member

Cool! What did you get?
  19. ack

ack Supporting Member

I've got the reverse anxiety:
    I've got a bass that I've "sold" all cased and boxed and sitting by my front door as I wait for payment to go through PayPal. A week and counting.

Congrats on your new bass - hope Santa treated you well.
  20. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

I guess I should add what the bass is -ESP/LTD 214 unlined fretless, my 3rd fretless but 1st unlined. (Have 2 modded jazz with lines, 1 passive and 1 Retro j pre )