christmas gift to band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by trimslinger, Dec 3, 2012.

1. trimslinger

trimslinger

Christmas is nearly here:hyper: what should you get you bandmates? Whats appropriate(no moonshine or female
    partyfavor suggestions please):)

Anyone get any hilarious gifts in the past? We're a bunch
    of middleaged guys that get along great,no drama, respectfull
    of each other and our abilites ,BEST band I've ever played with.:D

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I never get gifts for band members. Why don't you all just go out for a nice meal together?

3. VeganThump

VeganThump

Yeah I don't know man, I buy Christmas gifts for my girlfriend under protest, the thought of buying Christmas gifts for my band members has never entered my mind.

4. davidjackson

davidjackson

Each member of my band will be a getting a copy of Bob Dylan's Christmas album. I want everybody to be able to enjoy sing-a-long-a-bob Christmas carols over the festive season.

I know I might be in a minority but I'm comfortable enough with my own masculinity not to have to make grunting noises and faux macho protestations about never buying presents for people.

:bag:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Vincent P

Vincent P Supporting Member

Pick a charity you all agree on and make a donation in the bands name!!!

7. VeganThump

VeganThump

Because buying or not buying christmas gifts has anything to do masculinity. ::confused::

The funny thing is, im actual rather effeminate, so much so that im ridiculed on a daily basis at my job for being a "fag". It's nice to be mocked for acting masculine for a change lol.

8. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson

That's what I do, even with family. I only buy Christmas presents for children. You could have a party with your band playing, invite all your friends and use the Xmas money to pay for food and grog. Better than buying silly presents that are never used.

It's not a Scrooge thing, but I see so much money wasted on things that people don't want, when that money can be put to great use for charitable purposes. What would Jesus do? (and I'm an atheist)

9. Vincent P

Vincent P Supporting Member

Here in Toronto, there are charities where you can pick a family in need and your donation will go to their dinner and the kids (usually under the age of 16) will get a gift. The company I work for has even adopted this instead of the Kris-Kringle thing we used to do....

Kind of a nice thing helping out a family as you can choose the gift for the kids i.e. some good music ;-)

Later you and you can celebrate yourselves with Food and Grog as Mark stated....

10. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

I haven't figured out what to do yet but I'd like to do something nice. Mrs Zoomie and I have been blessed with a young company that has grown rapidly in spite of the economy. I kind of feel that we should spread it around a bit. We already do charity stuff.

Maybe a nice gift card for a higher end restaurant for each couple. Neither of the guys can really afford to take their wives to a top notch restaurant in spite of both busting a$$ at their respective jobs. It would also be a way to thank the wives for their neverending support.

I am kind of surprised at those here that are vehemently opposed to purchasing gifts of any kind. Y'all have been listening to many angry Punk records.

A gift doesnt have to be expensive. Heck guitar picks, strings, itune gift card for a few songs ...........lots of odds and ends to say "thanks for putting up with me."

But then again, I love Christmas. Both the "little baby Jesus" part, as well as buying gifts for others.

My two cents...............

11. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Booze or a good meal or both.
    Happy Holidays

12. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Band T-shirts... otherwise not a damn thing! :)

Attached Files:

13. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Some really good ideas here; when my drummer was still around I got him a signed, signature pair of Rush Time Machine Tour drumsticks. This year, since my guitarist is also my best friend, he's getting the BBE Wah.

14. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
  15. modulusman

modulusman

We have a good local music store so I buy gift cards for bandmembers.

16. davidjackson

davidjackson

Consider it my Christmas gift to you!

Always happy to see TB'ers who can take a joke.

:)

17. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

18. bolophonic

bolophonic

There are 16 dudes in my band. They will get a nice group email wishing them a merry Christmas.

19. jmac

jmac

May I suggest the Human Fund.

I like this idea. Unfortunately, my band if pretty dysfunctional right now. I can't imagine us getting together outside of practice/gigs; which is sad.

20. VeganThump

VeganThump

Along with my flamboyant, effeminate disposition, I also have a good sense of humor.

21. haystack55

haystack55 Supporting Member

last christmas i bought my guitar player a tuner. i think he got the hint. :ninja: