1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Christmas Sale: Dean Pace, Dean Stylst, Dean Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mr sprocket, Dec 8, 2012.

1. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

So I need some money for the holidays. I have three Dean basses for sale.

1. Dean Fretless

Here is a bass that needs a little work, a five sting fretless Dean bass. I won this one on ebay thinking I would start playing fretless. The neck is in good shape. It plays similar to my Ibanez SR basses, pretty narrow. The previous owner added EMG pickups and tone controls which sound pretty good. It has a transparent gray wood grain finish.

Now for the issues. The bass came with the some of the oldest strings I have seen on a bass. I might have a set of D'Addario XL to go with it. The bridge is bent at the bottom lifting up from the body. It does not to appear to be pulling or coming off but this does effect the action some. With a new bridge I think the action could get really low.

There is also a nice Fender hardshell case that comes with the bass.

I really could use [DEL]$175[/DEL] $150 plus shipping

Links to more pictures.
    http://imageshack.us/g/191/dscf2947l.jpg/

Attached Files:

2. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

2. Dean Stylist

I hate to sell this one. This is a fun bass to play. It is had Chrome flats on it and plays pretty well. This is nice and thumpy. It comes with a Dean Gig bag.

Now for the issues. It has a finish blemish at the neck joint. No structural issue. I have had this one for four years with no issue. I have it set up the action a little high right now.

I really could use [DEL]$350[/DEL] $325 plus shipping

Links to more pictures.
    http://imageshack.us/g/32/dscf2912x.jpg/

Attached Files:

3. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

3. Dean Pace

Here is a five string Dean Pace bass. Their version of an electric upright. I get stopped any time I take this bass out to play. You can get a nice pizzicato sound. You can slap it and get a great rockabilly sound as well. Comes with the stand and original case. All are in good order. Also have a five string set of chromes to go with it.

Now for the modifications. Originally these basses were passive with only a volume control. I added a basic two band acoustic preamp from artec to buffer the pickup better. Controls are on the back and do not get in the way. I used the battery cavity that Dean left in the basses when the wear designed for active.

Links to more images
    http://imageshack.us/g/163/dscf2905.jpg/

I would like [DEL]$375[/DEL] $350 plus shipping

Attached Files:

4. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

I am open to offers. I would prefer a straight purchase instead of trades. But you can always hit me up with any trade ideas. Help a fellow bass player get a few Christmas gifts for the kids.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

The holidays are getting closer and I still have gifts and donations to get. Hit me up.
  7. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

New prices listed. I still have some gifts to get and would like to adopt another angel tree person.
  8. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

These Dean basses are getting lonely. Show the Dean bass some love.
  9. camardelle

camardelle Supporting Member

What does the Stylist sound like? I see that it's a hollow body, would it be considered to sound like a jazz or p bass? Sort of an acoustic sound when amplified? Sorry about the noob questions, but...I'm a noob. LOL

Thanks in advance for the help.
  10. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

The Stylist is more thumpy sounding than a p bass. More like a a hofner/beatle sound. I have flats on it now so it is very 60s sounding. I do not have sound clips but here is a youtube video.

Putting flats on this bass made a big improvement on the sound. I ave Chromes on their so you can still get some dig/growl or a nice retro motown tone.
  11. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

these basses still need a home.
  12. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Looks like the Stylist may have a home but the other two basses are still looking for a new place to live.