1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

chromes and active jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by solitario, Dec 23, 2013.

1. solitario

solitario

hello, anybody using chromes and active jb? will they work for rock? will I loose the growl and grunt of the jb?

should I pass them thru the body or just from the bridge?
  2. HuntYouDown

HuntYouDown

I would try half rounds or similar. The roundwounds on a jazz bass, really growl, but can be harsh on fingers, and sliding. I think flats kind of defeat a jazz of it's true, character.
  3. Robus

Robus

Can't comment on active but they sounded pretty good on my passive jazz. Maybe a little thin in the mids. I eventually ditched them for Fender flats. I strung them through the body, no problems.
  4. Turxile

Turxile

I use chromes in 2 active basses, one of which is a Jazz. You will loose a bit of growl, not much. Worth a try.