1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cicuit board for 1980s Fender Precision Special

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by audiorep2, Dec 20, 2013.

1. audiorep2

audiorep2

What is the likelyhood of getting a replacement board, with pots, for one of these basses ?
    [​IMG]

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I wasn't able to find one when I had mine, and a "tech" said it couldn't be fixed, but I use the quotes because after getting the bass back and talking to him I realized that he was either a) an idiot or b) just didn't care. How did I figure this out? When turned off one knob is a tone and the other doesn't work, he told me it was working but that the effect was subtle. He was outsourced through a store and I had to pay him to get the bass back, so I got scammed and as a result will never go back to Sam Bass Music (he was their tech and they backed him up). Have you looked into getting a 3rd party preamp?

http://www.bestbassgear.com/aguilar...-12165365&mc_cid=d9c3891e6b&mc_eid=9e39c70ff2

3. audiorep2

audiorep2

Thanks for the heads up. The Aguilar OBP 2TK looks good.