1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cicuit board for 1980s Fender Precision Special

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by audiorep2, Dec 20, 2013.

1. audiorep2

audiorep2 Supporting Member

What is the likelyhood of getting a replacement board, with pots, for one of these basses ?
    [​IMG]
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I wasn't able to find one when I had mine, and a "tech" said it couldn't be fixed, but I use the quotes because after getting the bass back and talking to him I realized that he was either a) an idiot or b) just didn't care. How did I figure this out? When turned off one knob is a tone and the other doesn't work, he told me it was working but that the effect was subtle. He was outsourced through a store and I had to pay him to get the bass back, so I got scammed and as a result will never go back to Sam Bass Music (he was their tech and they backed him up). Have you looked into getting a 3rd party preamp?

http://www.bestbassgear.com/aguilar...-12165365&mc_cid=d9c3891e6b&mc_eid=9e39c70ff2
  3. audiorep2

audiorep2 Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up. The Aguilar OBP 2TK looks good.