CIJ '51 Precision parts / CIJ J-bass pickguard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Anthony Fury, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Fury

Anthony Fury Supporting Member

ALL SOLD!!!! Thanks!!!

Pulled apart a MINT / extremely low mile CIJ '51 Precision for parts. The body and neck are being used in 2 different franken-builds. (Search threads started by me for examples.)

Here are pictures of the neck heel / serial number and of the body as proof it's CIJ stuff and not some mystery BS:

http://www.tonybob.com/ebay/talkbass1_14/51RI_precision2.JPG

and

http://www.tonybob.com/ebay/talkbass1_14/51RI_precision1.JPG

What's left should put you on the path toward making your own '51 Precision if you have a slab body laying around, or perfect if you want to have spare parts.

[​IMG][​IMG]

- Knob/plate/250K pot/harness assembly. Completely pre-wired! Not sure of the cap size, but, whatever came stock in a CIJ '51 P reissue. Pickup leads de-soldered for disassembly and not hacked. Chrome is EXCELLENT, pots and circuit guaranteed to work 100%. $35 shipped to the lower 48

[DEL]
    - '51 Precision Pickup. Leads de-soldered for disassembly. Guaranteed to work perfectly, comes with mounting screws and springs. $35 shipped to the lower 48[/DEL] SOLD

[DEL]- '51 Precision 2-post / string-thru bridge. Adjust your string height and intonation just like Biff Tannen would have done it in 1951. Again, chrome is EXCELLENT. Comes with 3 mounting screws. Sorry, I don't know what I did with the in-body string ferrules....if it's a deal maker/breaker I'll look for them. "They're around here somewhere...." $20 shipped to the lower 48[/DEL] SOLD

[​IMG][​IMG]

"Bakelite" simulated pickguard. Some light finger / playing marks, but as you can see VERY low "miles." No mounting screws, sorry. $20 shipped to the lower 48.

See more than one thing you like? I'll make you a deal on a combo.

All parts have been stored in bags in a climate controlled machine shop tool room.

Paypal is cool, checks are cool provided I can wait until they're cleared. Parts are available for in-person pickup in the West Chicago suburbs. No trades, please.

I detest scammers, and I know what it's like to be dicked around on the internet. Please view my 100% eBay rating as "anthonyfury" -

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=anthonyfury&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

- as well as the 3 positive transactions here. I'm not here to play games. If you are not happy with your purchase within 7 days of receiving it, I will buy it back from you, simple as that. I'd make it longer than 7, but 7 is plenty of time to test it out (and also plenty of time for a dishonest person to trash it). Agree?

Need more info? Or less info? LMK!

2. Anthony Fury

Still have the pre-wired knob/plate/250K pot/harness assembly and the pickguard. Get a Warmoth split P body with a '51 control plate route except with a tighter radius around the body and you're off to the races! $50 shipped to the lower 48 for the combination pickguard / pre-wired assembly.

3. Anthony Fury

Now entertaining any/all reasonable offers for the pickguard and the control plate assembly. Or is there any interest if I part out the control plate?

4. Ed P

Ed P Supporting Member

Do you know if a '51 body is roughly the same dimensions as a modern P body?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Anthony Fury

The outer shape is the same, but the radius going around is larger on the contoured '54-and-up-Precision. So the '51 pickguard on a later body would have less "land" going around (I just eyeballed it on now it doesn't look too bad, however). Also you have to battle the square neck heel. IDK if that helps...

7. Ed P

Ed P Supporting Member

Cool Anthony, thanks.

8. Anthony Fury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.