1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cincy/SW Ohio Fall 2013 GTG

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by aproud1, Aug 5, 2013.

Which dates work Best, You can vote for Multiple Dates

Poll closed Oct 4, 2013.
  1. Saturday September 14th

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Sunday September 15th

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Saturday September 21st

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Sunday September 22nd

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Saturday September 28th

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  6. Sunday September 29th

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aproud1

aproud1 I don't feel tardy? Gold Supporting Member

Looking to do another get together in Cincinnati. Sometime in September. We can use the Art Institute in Sharonville again (Thanks Sean)

Threw some dates up. Figure Saturday or Sunday is best for everyone.

2. ASATMAN

ASATMAN Supporting Member

I'm open as far as dates and would love to join in.

3. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

4. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Cant see the poll from my phone any ideas?

7. jamesczar

jamesczar Brother James Supporting Member

If this ends up on a day that I can make it, I'll bring my new Fearless rig...

[​IMG]

8. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

9. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

I can't see the poll either, but I'm good for any weekends.

10. aproud1

My tapatalk app is in general pretty crappy and I have limited functionality anyway. So not surprising we can't see the poll.

11. Loud and Clear

Loud and Clear

Disclosures:
    Pro Gear Manager, Loud and Clear, Inc.
    Any of you SW Ohio, Northern KY, or SE Indiana folks have any interest in checking out the Laney and EBS lines of bass gear, pedals, etc.?

We may be able to have an opportunity coming up, if we can combine an upcoming event I need to organize with a fall GTG.

We are going to be hosting a mid-week "insider" backline demo for area production companies by one of the distributors, the dates aren’t set yet but I may be able to talk them into leaving the gear, or at least some of the gear over the weekend following and ship it out on Monday rather than Friday.

I figure we have an easily found central location, plenty of room, lots of free parking, and as far as allowable SPL, we regularly test our L’Acoustic K1 systems at concert levels without issue. Of course if anyone has a rig that will sustain over 150dB we may be in trouble. ;)

I’m also confident I can line up a sponsor for the refreshments, SO... why not turn it into a Cincy GTG by having everybody else bring their gear to the party as well?

It would also be nice to have a variety of rigs/amps (and opinions) etc. to use as yardsticks to measure the Euro gear by, and conversely EBS and Laney gear isn't seen in these parts much!
    I might be able to sweet talk a couple of other manufacturers into showing up with demo gear as well. Fernandes and Hofner basses would be likely candidates, and I would imagine the fine folks from Reeves would want to be represented.
    Kinda like a little mini NAMM show for bass players.

Chat it up among the usual tri-state suspects, and if we can agree on a Saturday and get enough early interest I'll try to make it happen.

It would have to be on a Saturday, after Labor Day and the later in September the better, as our facility is WAY too busy during the major outdoor concert and festival events season to host a gaggle of visitors, and Sunday is the day of the week that I do whatever my better half wants me to do.
    Spending the day at work is never on her list…

NOTE: I’ve read through this and other GTG threads and seen how gung ho everyone is in the planning stages - and also how a sizable percentage of the cheerleaders bail at the last minute. I know, I know, sh*t happens. People-family members fall ill, cars crap out, etc., and well… in life excrement happens.

PM me with email contact info if you are truly interested in participating, if I don’t get enough interest I’ll just go with the original plan of just having the distributor send me stuff to try out during the week rather than extend it into a Saturday bass fest.
    So it's no skin off my nose if it doesn’t happen, but I would be a bit perturbed if I have enough food and drinks for 35-40 people show up without the 35-40 people to consume same showing up as well.

Y'know what I mean? ;)

12. FourNotFive

FourNotFive Supporting Member

Andy-
    I'm down and looking forward to it. Right now 9/14-9/15 looks best for me, but I may be able to make any of the dates listed. Don't go hiking the day before this time around!

Loud and Clear -
    I'm assuming you are affiliated with the local business of the same name. You should probably make that crystal clear to avoid confusion or any accusations of conflict of interest or whatever... Not sure it's the vibe everyone is looking for in a GTG, but that's for all to decide. It would be cool to check out the Laney/EBS stuff.

13. Loud and Clear

Loud and Clear

Disclosures:
    Pro Gear Manager, Loud and Clear, Inc.
    Hmmm. I thought I made my affiliation pretty obvious. Did you think I was maybe auditioning backline gear and testing large format line arrays at my house?
    Isn't the use of "we" in my post and the Loud and Clear website listed in my profile kind of a giveaway? :confused::D

Also not exactly sure how the offer of a well-equipped venue and free refreshments would be a "conflict of interest". I've been lurking here for some time, I saw the GTG thread and since I have the demo gear coming anyway thought it might be nice of me to go a little out of my way to make what I thought to be a nice gesture.

Who's interest would be conflicted? Talkbass's interest? My interest? Your interest?
    Please elaborate; I thought I was making a pretty friendly offer...

14. jamesczar

jamesczar Brother James Supporting Member

L&C,

I don't think your offer has a conflict. You're upfront with who you are, what you're offering.

I think it'd be a nice change of pace to check out your facility and the other gear you mention. Put my vote in for fleshing this idea out more and coming up with a version that most people can dig.

Thanks for the offer!

15. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Glad to here you guys are still open. I work at metro behind you. Last time I stoped in the woman at the desk didnt know if the music store was still operating or not. I would love to do a gtg there! But I still like everyone to be able to bring there gear!!

16. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

If you guys do it on Sunday, I might be able to make it.

17. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

L&C,

As I understand you a newly registered TB'er, that might be a commercial user, you might just want to peruse this link.

MI Industry professionals need to have there affiliations listed here :

[​IMG]

Not just a URL in their profile.

18. FourNotFive

FourNotFive Supporting Member

L&C-
    I did not mean to offend. I didn't take your offer as anything but genuine and generous. I just noticed that you were a new user and I've seen people take heat for such things before. Just trying to save you some heartache...not just related to the GTG, but in any future posts. I apologize if that was not clear.

As I said...it would be cool to check out the Laney and EBS gear. You're right that we don't see it much around here.

19. aproud1

No hiking, got it.... Hopefully we can make it all work out.

20. corsa

corsa Supporting Member

Subscribed. Planning to be there.

21. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

The Loud and Clear thing sounds rad! I'm always down for free food. Much any Saturday in September will work for me!