Circle K Strings for Drop Tuning - Great!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by PotsdamBass8, Mar 19, 2014.

1. PotsdamBass8

PotsdamBass8 Supporting Member

I know this is no surprise to many, but I thought I should just share my experience.

I've been playing in Drop C (CGCF) tuning in a couple bands this past year for the first time ever, and have been experimenting with different strings since it became obvious the first minute that I played that I wouldn't be happy with my regular gauge DR Sunbeam strings. I tried just a heavier set of DRs, then tried replacing the lowest string with a much heavier gauge DR (I think .115 or .120), each time getting closer to having an even response, but still a noticeable tone difference between strings. Finally, after reading a bunch of reviews recommending Circle K strings, I tried this set, and the difference is huge. String to string, the tension is very similar, and most importantly, the tone is about as even as you can get. They sound great too! The only downside is that since they have tapered cores, I couldn't string through the body on my bass (BB424X), and had to just go through the bridge.

If you play with any odd tuning and want to get even string response, or even if you just feel like EADG tuning on regular strings isn't even enough for you, it's worth it to give these a shot. No I'm not a paid endorser.