1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Cirrus 4 string custom w/Kahler, good for a guy named Sam

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by spade2you, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spade2you

spade2you

Heard rumors of layoffs at my hospital. Rumors have been confirmed. I have been assured my position is safe, but we've all been promised things over the years......

Up for grabs is a Cirrus from the custom shop. I think I got this in '06 or so. I prefer this over my other Cirrus 4, but I don't think I can bring myself to sell that bass since it's my first bass. It took a while to build and by the time I got it, I had become a primarily fretless player. I definitely don't want to sell it, but I probably should be a little proactive.

It features an upgraded quilt maple top, Kahler trem (factory installed by Peavey), Millennium pre-amp, and ebony fretboard. Standard features of peacock blue, alder wings, maple/purple heart neck. Hard case included.

Condition: I'll have to double check, but easily a 9.8 or so. Hasn't been played much. Case needs to be cleaned since it was in a brief basement flood. Bass was not in the case when that occurred. I have several Cirri, so I'll see if I had any cases that weren't in the basement at that time.

Only downsides to this is the name as the inlay. Please tell anyone named Sam about this bass, eh? The Kahler adds a little more than 1/8" to the overall length of the strings, so you might need to use longer strings. They're currently strung with SITs .110 (dropped D), .085 .065 and .040. Give the strings a shot, but ya might want different gauges.

Edit. Price drop: $800 CONUS

Old photos, but nothing has changed. Will upload more recent photos this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note: 5 string has already been sold.

[​IMG]

...and a Peavey money shot. ;)

2. vette

vette

Outstanding collection, especially the two j/mm millys are drop dead gorgeous!! Wish I could ever own one of them.. :crying:

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Good thing my name is actually Sam.

Wait...

:meh:

4. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

I would like to have that 5 string fretless!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spade2you

spade2you

Dibs hath been claimed.

7. spade2you

spade2you

[​IMG]

An updated photo. A little too tired to come up with perfect shots tonight.

8. spade2you

spade2you

That one is again up for grabs. Will probably post it later since I'd much prefer dealing with 1 at a time.

9. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

green eggs and ham

10. TimBosby

Believe it or not, spade2your does NOT have a Peavey endorsement, but he really should! :D

11. spade2you

spade2you

It was actually kind of in the works in '06 or '07. I had just recorded some good stuff with Queue and the sky was the limit. I sent the music to a manager at Peavey and they seemed interested. I was going to order a Cirrus 4 with Bartolini P/J pickups and a polyester coated bird's eye maple fingerboard.

...then Peavey gave me a quote of $5,000 for the said custom. :eek: Dave Ellefson, who worked with endorsements at the time never called me back. As Tim knows, not much really ever happened with Queue. The rest is history as they say.

12. bass_lord_mutha

bass_lord_mutha Supporting Member

My name ain't Sam, but a trip to the courthouse could fix that, hehe.

Gorgeous bass. I've been wanting to get a 4 string Kahlered Cirrus to go with my Cirrus stable...much to ponder....I don't really need two kidneys, do I?....:bag:

13. TimBosby

I was going to order a Cirrus 4 with Bartolini P/J pickups and a polyester coated bird's eye maple fingerboard.

^^ That sounds like a Cirrus after my own heart.

14. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

You could always say Sam is the name of the bass.

15. spade2you

spade2you

It would have been great, but not $5k great. Cliff Bordwell ended up building that bass for a lot less than that.

16. bassteban

bassteban

That's no money shot, it's a flipping Peavey orgy. GLWTS- wish I had some legit call to snag the whammy Sammy

17. spade2you

spade2you

Oddly enough, I also have a whammy Stammy.

18. TimBosby

[​IMG]

19. spade2you

spade2you

Bumpage.

On a side note, think it would be easier to sell my bubinga/walnut 4? I really hate the idea of selling my 1st bass, but this is kinda close to the same.

20. spade2you

spade2you

Bump and price reduction.

21. spade2you

spade2you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.