1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cirrus 4 USA pickup issues

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by p12bassnut, Nov 12, 2012.

1. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Supporting Member

I have a Peavey Cirrus 4 USA with stock pups and preamp.
    The bridge pu is a lot quieter than the neck pu.
    I tried to adjust pu height to be able to get balanced volume when blending and going full neck or full bridge and still can't get there.
    I would say that in my estimation, the bridge pu has almost a full 50% less output than the neck pu.
    Anyone else experience this issue?
    Any ideas to remedy ?
    Thanks

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Have you replaced the batteries? Try that and if it doesn't help, take out the preamp and make sure all the solder connections are solid. It might also be the jack. I had a problem with my '98 Cirrus years back where the nut inside the cavity holding the jack in was loose, and I had output problems until I tightened it.

Hope this helps!

3. sandypants

sandypants

I have a Peavey Cirrus and haven't had the problem you're experiencing. I love this guitar.

4. GMSweet

GMSweet Supporting Member

Back when I had my Cirrus, I ran into that issue. I brought it back to the dealer and the bridge pickup was replaced under warranty. Perhaps one of the coils is open.

Matt

5. Register to disable this ad