Classic Barts w/Audere classic 3 band

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DWBass, Jul 29, 2013.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I may be looking to install an Audere classic 3 band pre in my Lakland. Anyone using this combo? Thoughts?

I have a Bart 5.2AP pre in there now but something is wrong with the treble output. Can the treble pots go bad? I used to have plenty of high end zing when set at center detent. Now I have to turn the treble all the way up and sometimes I get feedback. I have literally nothing now at center detent. I'm thinking I may have zapped the pre while using a 'bad' headphone amp. The rest of the pre (mids, bass, balance, volume|active passive) works fine.

Is it the pot or do I need to switch out the preamp?

2. Envincibal

Envincibal Supporting Member

Hi - I can't tell you anything about your issue with your current pre... but, I can tell you that I have used classic Barts (P2 size/5-string) with an Audere Classic 4-band, and it killed! I highly recommend installing a 3-way mini toggle to switch between Series/Single coil/Parallel - the tonal options are insane. The only reason I removed the Bart Classics is that I purchased a set of Delano HE pickups (a bit more aggressive throughout those mids!).

3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Try swapping out the pot first, it's cheaper than a new pre.

If you have a multimeter you can test the pot to make sure it's working correctly.