1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Classic *insert here* Sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Journey55, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Journey55

Journey55

So I've been wondering...what exactly are examples of the 'classic' sounds of basses? I've always pictured these but I could be wrong...
    Classic P-Bass With Flats:

Are these good examples of the tones or am I simply uninformed/what do you guys consider 'prime examples'?
  2. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

3. Journey55

Journey55

Huh, I saw a live video of the song with a Rick but I suppose it was a different guy.
  4. Journey55

Journey55

Anybody else have any examples/input?
  5. Srirachaglo

Srirachaglo

Mike Dirnt used a Gibson Ripper for most if not all of Dookie. The signature P bass thing came with the later albums.
  6. CorrosionMedia

CorrosionMedia

Here's a video with a P-Bass, a J-Bass, a Ric and Stingray all in various forms: