1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Classical

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Eldiablo6921, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Eldiablo6921

Eldiablo6921

What are some good classical pieces to start on? I'm just now finishing up cello suite no 1 and I want more!
  2. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

you played the whole suite, not just the famous prelude in G ? Because there is some nice gem in all 6 suites. It is also a way to practice dynamic ( decrescendo, p, f , <> ... etc ). Few bass player can do those thing, they only play loud or soft, they can't move from one to another.

after that ... you can play a lot of stuff, I saw few people try Chromatic Fantasy, or piano piece.
  3. Eldiablo6921

Eldiablo6921

Just the famous prelude so far I'm very new to classical, but I like your suggestions! All of the suites are transcribed for the 4string?
  4. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Don,t know ... I have bought a Cello version and I just do it ( I play on a 6 strings in the cello range ) I think that if you have a 24 frets bass you can do them all.
  5. Jazzkuma

Jazzkuma

Eccles, gavotte, and maybe the koussevitzky (which is on the advanced side for upright but it might be easier for electric).
  6. janekbass

janekbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Founder and CEO of http://videobasslessons.tv
    I would get Spotify, and just start playing through the classical genre at random until something comes up that you really like.

You are the expert about what you like to listen to and play, so I highly recommend that you make the decision about what you're going to work on...

Janek