Classifieds should have warning stickers!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gangonthehill, Dec 10, 2013.

1. gangonthehill

gangonthehill Supporting Member

I bought a Kala U bass a little over a year ago for noodling on the couch and actually enjoyed it. This led me to buy an Ibanez Mikro, more for a short scale experiment than anything. knowing I really would not like the short scale there was no reason to spend alot. A year later and My long scales have not been touched and I am once again checking out the classifieds for my next purchase. I am going to buy a fender mustang bass maybe even the pawn shop model. It is now two days later and somehow I am looking at Landing and Birdsong basses. How did this possibly happen? Am I the only one this has happens to? Any opinions on the two different basses?
  2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass, the biggest GAS generator, known to bassdom
  3. Monster Truck

Monster Truck Supporting Member

Mustangs are nice basses. I love mine.
  4. JayDA

JayDA Supporting Member

Happened to me about 2.5 years ago, I bought a Birdsong...and all the Fenders got sold one by one. Welcome to the dark side.....
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy Supporting Member

There is a nice Cliff Bordwell CB 32 inch scale in the classifieds right now that is absolutely gorgeous.
  7. JayDA

JayDA Supporting Member

Hell yes! That thing is just sexy....can't go wrong there!
  8. gangonthehill

I ended up buying the Birdsong. The wife is making me wait until christmas morning to actually get to play with it. I did get to check it out for shipping damage and a quick sound check. I am more excited knowing what is in the box than if I had no idea. This is absolutely torture.
  9. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

10. gangonthehill

Felt like I was reading something I wrote the whole time I was reading thru that thread. So this proves there is two of us anyway.
  11. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

I'm pretty sure you've got it much worse than me.

At least, that's my story...and I'm stickin' yo it...
  12. gangonthehill

You are probaly right, I am an addict. I noticed that you have several fenders in your stable have you ever tried a Birdsong or a Landing bass? You probaly wouldn't like them I would venture to guess it would be perfectly safe for you to give these a try just as an experiment . If I thought even for a second that you would enjoy these I would not suggest them to you. I would hate to be responsible for you having to add to your collection.
  13. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

I'm pretty sure that the formula for determining one's bass-playing skill level on a scale of 1-10 consists of talking the square root of the number of basses owned and subtracting the number of dollars left in one's bank account.

Hence the crucial importance of having lots of basses and little or no money.
  14. JayDA

JayDA Supporting Member

15. gangonthehill

I bought a fusion feather weight from jmceachern 36 off of the classifieds.