1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

SOLD Cliff Bordwell Fretless 6 F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by younggun, Apr 6, 2014.

1. younggun

younggun Supporting Member

Up for sale is my beautiful Cliff Bordwell Fretless 6'er. I simply have too many basses and this one doesn't get much playing time anymore. As can be seen in the pictures, this is a very special bass built with Cliff Bordwell's unique Parallel Chamber design. It is featured on his website, click here, and then click the "Parallel Chamber" link on the left menu for full details.

Here are the full specs:
    Scale length: 35 inches
    Neck shape: Slim D-shape
    Width at nut: 2.15
    Width at 24th position: 3.625 String spacing at Bridge: .708 Overall length: 42 1/2 inches Widest: 14.0 inches
    Construction :
    Neck: 5-piece Ash / Panga Panga Fingerboard: Ebony
    Headstock plate: Walnut
    Nut: Ebony
    Body: Matching Walnut top and back, Walnut and ash core. Finish: Tung oil / Resin
    Hardware :
    Bridge: Hipshot style "A" 3-way adjustable.(chrome) Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites(chrome)
    Truss rod: (2)stainless steel two-way adjustable Positions : 24 side markers.
    Strap locks: Dunlop (chrome)
    Output: 1/4" (w/ElectroSocket)
    Electronics :
    Pickups: Nordstrand Fatstacks,
    Preamp: Aguilar 3-band
    Controls: Volume(p/p-active/passive), Blend, Passive tone Treble, Mids, Bass

After I bought it, I had luthier Brady Muckleroy from Austin add lines to the fretboard. He's a meticulous craftsman, and did an outstanding job. There are some pics below of the progress during the line addition. The other pics are from before that occurred. I simply haven't taken any pics since, but can take more pics of it with the lines on if requested. EDIT: pics added below

This bass also came with a custom fit heavy-duty metal flight case (pics below). I will include this as part of the sale if the buyer wants it, however; this case is very heavy and will most likely add significantly to the shipping costs. Alternately, I can provide a Protec Contego soft side case instead to keep shipping costs down. Buyer's choice.
    EDIT: After checking on shipping costs, I've decided to take the soft-side case option off the table. The extra weight of the hard case doesn't really affect the shipping price, and the case is very heavy duty and will protect the bass well.

Price is $2500, plus actual shipping costs. Serious inquiries only please. I'm currently not interested any trades, as I'm trying to slim down my bass stable. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. younggun

3. dtsand

dtsand

PM sent.
  4. markkoelsch

markkoelsch

Man, I wish I had cash. I love that bass. I think it is one of the two or three looking basses ever. It also sounds fabulous. Whomever ends up with it will be really lucky.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. markkoelsch

markkoelsch

Man, I wish I had cash. I love that bass. I think it is one of the two or three looking basses ever. It also sounds fabulous. Whomever ends up with it will be really lucky.
  7. younggun

Thanks for the compliments, she IS a beauty. Heres a few more cell phone pics I took that show the fingerboard lines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. younggun

PM replied.
  9. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Mr. Majestic Swamp Ash Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Wow! Truly nice bass........totally wish I had extra $$$....this would be gone. An interesting thing about this bass is that the swamp ash in the bass came from us.....awesome bass.
  10. younggun

Friday bump, and an addition to the sale details. I've decided to take the soft-side case option off the table. After checking on shipping, the additional weight of the flight case doesn't really make any difference insofar as cost is concerned. So the flight case will come with the bass as standard. Its very heavy duty and will protect the bass well.
  11. younggun

12. younggun

Deal pending.
  13. younggun