1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cliff Burton sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassistcali, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

Hi,
    I'd really appreciate some help with this. I'm trying to emulate cliff Burton as best as possible. Here's my rig, so which pedals should I use and what to set them on? EHX bassballs,EHX crying bass wah/fuzz, EHX big muff pi deluxe, boss metal zone MT-2, and a Boss AW-3 auto wah. I'm working on getting a compressor and reverb as well. My primary bass is a schecter stileletto custom 4 with EMG pickups....help would really be appreciated :)
  2. AndyLES

AndyLES

I mean this with all due respect, but this question has been answered numerous times. Try the search engine.
  3. frankenbass2014

frankenbass2014

well, i always got close with my jazz bass using a crybaby bass wah, a boss flanger and a boss metal distortion pedal. BUT this was going on 12 years ago and my perception of "close" may not be what you would call it. either way im glad to see someone else out there repecting the major ragers sound :) good luck!
  4. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

I know @andyles but I just wanted to know with my rig specifically
  5. dls119

dls119

I would lose the Boss pedals, the EHX stuff should get you there. It also has a lot to do with how you play, so I would also suggest watching old live videos of him playing on YouTube.