1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Club Leduc

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave79, Aug 1, 2009.

1. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Couldn't find a Leduc club on here (correct me if I'm wrong). Always interested in seeing more of these.
    Here's my Signature Masterpiece CS 6-string:

[​IMG]

2. drbabu2607

drbabu2607

Hey guys

I am wanting to sell my LEDUC PAD-5 bass. If there is any interest, let me know and i will provide pics and details!

Cheers, Babu

3. nanookanono

nanookanono

I have already a Pad5 and a Masterpiece5 that I love, and now...
    There is the real wild animal under the fingers (I can't stop:hyper:)

This is one the last Ubass UMM5 made with a RMC bridge with piezzo and a midi output. Beautiful ash body, spruce soundtable, the neck is set in, five piece mapple ebony, fretboard : old rosewood

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28012229@N06/4115018064/in/set-72157614456243352/

The 3 Leduc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28012229@N06/4116920778/in/set-72157614456243352/

When I found the Masterpiece last year I thought I would sell the Pad then, but I can't... Same now... I play them all, each Leduc has it's own sound perfection.

4. Kirk Bryant

Kirk Bryant

please...put it UP lets have a look see. I'd like to check it out.

peace Capt Kirk

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drbabu2607

drbabu2607

Pictures of my PAD5? Will do soon! I got this Bass back in 1997/98 when i used to live and work in France....

Babu :bassist:

7. drbabu2607

drbabu2607

8. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Here's my UBass:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems different from other Leduc basses I've seen. I really know very little about it. If anyone has any info, I'd be happy to hear it.

9. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

It is one of the few made in Japan, licensed by Leduc basses made. I was actually looking at buying one of these years ago, wonder if this is it(!)

10. nanookanono

nanookanono

yes, it's a Sanox; fine bass congrats, rare bird difficult to find
    These (Logabass, U-bass, Belle-Isle) were designed by Christophe Leduc and built during the 90ees by the Sanox company from Nagoya.
    The electronics were requested by Sanox to be Bartolini

11. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Could be. I picked it up off ebay maybe 18 months ago.

I'd heard of the Sanox/Leduc basses, but the ones I've seen look totally different from this one.

Got it. I've found a bunch of info about the Sanox Logabass, but never knew they also made a UBass variant. And this is the first time I'm hearing about the Belle Isle. Glad I asked!

This bass is super light. 2-piece bookmatched ash body that's hollowed out in the front with a semi-floating spruce top. It's strung with LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass nylon tapewounds. The tone is phenomenal. Very woody and rich, like a cross between a Rick Turner Renaissance and a Kinal Kompact. Once I set it up properly, the playability is awesome. Excellent balance across the whole neck.