1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
  2. cozmic

cozmic

Nope, it´s a JM/TM5. Well and it´s sounds lovely. :) Did I mention, I like JM more than TM? Now you know...For me it´ll always stay a JM5...

3. nrssab

nrssab

Congrats on a wonderful bass!

Updated list to celebrate our Part 2:

I would like to apologize to all those who preferred the old names. Fender was kind enough to complain and succeeded that they'd be changed. I know this only is for the new basses that come from Sandberg but I decided to change all the names. Out of the simple reason not to cause confusion to the people who are new or interested in the brand.

Best regards and enjoy your Sanbergs!

4. AntekStalich

AntekStalich

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cozmic

cozmic

Thank you!!! I´ll wear it proudly.

7. cozmic

cozmic

Very cool! Rock´n Rooooooll!!

They have the Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 25th Anniversary (the blue one in the left with the green led logo) here in the Music Store in Cologne. It is a real beauty and plays wonderful. It is also pretty affordable at around 1800€. I nearly fell for it, but then decided to stick with my plan and go for a JM5, because I love that Sandberg Jazz Tone. :bassist:

8. Klonk

Klonk Norwegian Wood Supporting Member

Damn, all of the three last basses in the first thread is making me GAS so much I sent an inquiry to them on prices :p Damn lovely basses all of them!

9. AntekStalich

AntekStalich

Don't even GAS me... ;) I like the #06, Ken Taylor Basic 4, the one in the center front so much...

[​IMG]

10. nrssab

nrssab

Great rock tune Antek! Thanks for posting.
    Sandberg is growing, more and more players discover this company and make music with great bass tunes.

Also thanks to the one who posted the video on youtube. I'm very fond of the setup of his bass. It's a great solution for the on-stage situation.
    YouTube - ‪Blind Guardian Bass Player Oliver Holzwarth about his Bass Workshops‬‏
    There are more Parts not just one.

Regards everybody and enjoy. I hope soon to be able to get to some music store and try out some new sandbergs.

I have a question for every Sandberg owner. I got a new bridge for my Terrabass 4-string in black, and I prefer the old tye because I can adjust the string spacing to be even closer.
    If anybody has a black bridge like this one:
    [​IMG]

Would you be willing to swap it? Either for a silver one like that or one of the newer models in black. Send me a message if you are interested. Thanks!

Best regards and enjoy those great basses!

11. nrssab

nrssab

Hello Cozmic, welcome to the club again!
    Great that you had a chance to try out one of the Anniversary basses, hows the tune on the special 25th fret? I heard it has magic powers and can be used for a orgasmic hypnosis. :)

I saw, in your signature, that you have a Esh Souvereign Fretless. How's the piezo pickup on it? Do you have any possibility to send a short soundsample using only the Piezo. I never had the chance of playing only Piezo on a fretless solidbody bass. I would very much like to hear how it comes out.

Thanks!
    Regards and enjoy that beautiful California.

12. cozmic

cozmic

To be honest, I haven´t paid much attention to the magical 25th fret. It was a very fine bass, but essentially it sounded nearly the same as the normal Basic right beside it. It´s looks beautyful and for someone, who needs that 25th fret, it may be a different story. The LEDs look cool. :)

With the ESH, it´s a longer story, as the original piezo system was replaced a long time ago. The ESH was built around year 2000, when ESH had severe quality problems, but it was a good deal at around 450€. It was a mess in aubergine colour, with the frets removed and essentially a broken eshtronic. The paintjob is also horrible, its a clear paint over stained aubergine and the clear paint is very fragile. I replaced the strap holders with locks and around the screw some of the paint came of. :/ Luckily the wood is stained. :)

So, I hat the fretboard replaced with an ebony one, an ebony saddle, changed the neck angle, replaced the eshtronic with a noll preamp, replaced the aluminium bridge with an ETS tuning fork and the trashy piezo (sounded horrible) with a B-Band transducer and got a really nice sounding bass. :)

I will record a little bit for you, but you can´t compare it to todays ESH, they are different story. ;)

I´ll also post some pictures...

13. nrssab

nrssab

Thanks Cozmic, would be great to hear your Esh. I played one not to long ago, also a Sovereign but with Frets. I wasn't to fond of it though. The piezo sounded very weak and without live, I thought it might come out better on a Fretless.

Regards.

14. buckalori

buckalori

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Sandberg
    I just got through my California Tm5 natural high gloss with blackblock inlays yesterday, will take some photos either tonight of at the fest I am playing at on Sunday. It plays so so well, couldn't be happier with it.

15. buckalori

buckalori

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Sandberg
    Number please! Playing at Sonisphere this weekend with it, so hyped! Had my first band rehearsal with it tonight. It plays so so well!

Attached Files:

16. nrssab

nrssab

Absolutely! Nice black blocks on maple. 68 is yours.

17. rulyongo

rulyongo

Nice!!! As they say: "Break a Leg" at Sonisphere!!!

18. AntekStalich

AntekStalich

19. Aris

Aris

well i am not really sure if thsi is the right place to ask this question but i am a sandberg owner so it might be ok:) I mostly like to play funk/motown music and 90's/modern rock:) I also enjoy slaping very much:) I am considering to upgrade my rig and i am not quite sure if it's worth it to get a hybrid head instead of a solid state. Will the tube preamp of the hybrid make any difference? I am thinking of getting a genz benz shuttle 6. I don't have the option to go and try one where i live:(
    Thanks in advance:)

20. AntekStalich

AntekStalich

Well, I do have a hybrid, the MB Fusion. No doubt, a hybrid amp could help you further shape your tone but I think the tube pre-amp does not give as much as you might expect.

21. Aris

Aris

So antek would you suggest to go for a solid state one? I am looking for something arround 500w@4ohms.