1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

***Club Verellen***

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by franksgbass, Dec 1, 2012.

1. franksgbass

franksgbass Supporting Member

So a few meatsmoke pre users mentioned this, so I thought I'd get it started. It's a Verellen club, so skyhammer, big spider and amp users are totally welcome as well. Figured it'd be a cool way to tip our hats to Ben and talk about the amazing tones we get with his stuff.

1- franksgbass
    2- twhitedc
    3- Mjac28

Also, I should mention that if anyone is on the fence about buying Verellen, Ben is running a sale from now till the end of the year. Great opportunity to get a Meatsmoke pre pedal at a great price.
  2. Plays_For_Dog

Plays_For_Dog Supporting Member

3. MrThunderfoot

MrThunderfoot Supporting Member

I think it's safe to say that I'm in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. twhitedc

twhitedc Supporting Member

glad to be a part of this. I just recorded a little clip of the Meatsmoke Preamp. Please ignore the fact that I begin yelling as it gets louder.

Enjoy: :bassist:
  5. Plays_For_Dog

Plays_For_Dog Supporting Member

Jesus! Why would you get the pre when you have the real deal?

Thank you. I've been in email contact with Ben for a while now. We've got a deal in the works, but it will be next year sometime before I get it. I'll be sure to post here :)
  6. franksgbass

franksgbass Supporting Member

Thats cool, you did own the big spider for a while, so I thought I'd give ya a number. Post some pics when you get the pre
  7. MrThunderfoot

There are times where I need to use a venue's rig or where a 300 watt tube amp is a bit much. It also saved my butt after an inopportune blown fuse/tube failure the night before a gig. I've gotten to the point where I can't be without that Overdrive boost and the Preamp pedal is an elegant, easy to move solution to having it everywhere.
  8. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

What is up people!!!! I can't wait to get my Meatsmoke and MrThunderfoot that is the definition of "sweet" sir very nice I have been running up and down my street naked all day and I won't stop until the Red Bull wears off or my flip flops give out!! I can't wait to get my baby.
  9. mjac28

Thanks Frank and Tyler and also Plays_For_Dog for talking about the discount does anyone know how long it takes to get one a month or two?
  10. MrThunderfoot

about 4-6 weeks maybe a week or two more, maybe sooner. It kind of depends on the work load since it's such a small operation. Ben is always really good about communication though so if you get impatient after you order shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll help you out if possible.
  11. mjac28

Thanks I am stoked I agree Ben is excellent about getting back to you quickly do I get a t-shirt?
  12. MrThunderfoot

not really sure, I think that was just part of the Kickstarter fundraiser. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask though.
  13. mjac28

I think you're right no big deal what cab are you running the amp thru and what does it sound like?
  14. mjac28

I would like some input on how you folks are running your pedal at the end of the chain on high output or thru an effects loops on high input? I prefer not to use it with the effects loop on my Mesa because nothing sounds good when I do and does anyone know what tubes Ben uses?
  15. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

I wish like hell I could afford to belong to this club!
  16. mjac28

They are on sale til the end of the year.
  17. twhitedc

twhitedc Supporting Member

Got mine from the kick starter. Was supposed to take 8 wks, but is was closer to 10. He has great communication. I got 2 updates while I was waiting. I have it at the end of my chain, high output right into the effects return / preamp in / poweramp in jack. Pretty much, I'm using one channel of my 320 as a power amp. Best of both worlds: SS grind and natural tube breakup!!!
  18. Tendollarcat

Tendollarcat

Anyone running a Meatsmoke through the front end of an amp?

Just worried about the amps offered as backline out there that don't have preamp in lines.
  19. mjac28

Frank (Franksgbass) is That's how I want to run mine also.
  20. Crucified

Crucified

[​IMG]

a big spider and a skyhammer preamp as well.

I'm a big verellen fan.