1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

*Collectors!!! Reverend BRAD HOUSER 5 now for sale.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tdbradley, Mar 12, 2014.

1. tdbradley

tdbradley Terry "T-Bone" Bradley Supporting Member

BRAD HOUSER FIVE STRING, now for sale. (Lower Priced)
    Classic bass by Reverend Guitars. Red Mahogany color
    (One of 12 made), Brass Nut, Extra Pickup made with no cover & the Reverend Gig Bag.
    I bought this bass new in 2004. I was told by the good folks at Reverend, that the bass was made for the NAMM Show in 2003. When it came back it was sent to their main distributor at that time which was Joe's Music near Detroit. When i bought it they were out of the tear-drop cases and I was out of cash. I didn't gig with it much, had a Jazz bass I was partial too. Time to move on with this one
    Near Mint Price: $1,195

Here's the story for those of you that don't know.
    "The prototype Brad Houser 5 String (Black Phenolic, serial number #01719) was made sometime in 2000, but production did not get rolling until April of 2001. The last BH5 to leave the factory did so in March of 2005.The Brad Houser represented the high end of Reverend Bass offerings and has been praised by musicians for its retro vibe but sound all of its own. The Reverend Website listed the features as: Designed with Brad Houser (Critter's Buggin, New Bohemians, Bass Player mag's 10 Young Guns To Watch) for the ultimate in versatility and performance!5-string with 35 inch scale, two black Reverend humbucker pickups, 3-position voicing switch (parallel, single coil, series) for each pickup, volume for each pickup, master tone control, Hipshot bridge with adjustable spacing, Hipshot Ultra lite tuning keys, and wide neck (3 inch at 22nd fret)Comes standard with Black Pearl Pick-guard on the following body colors: Sky Blue, '57 Turquoise, Nave Blue, Deep Purple, and Jet Black.Bass Player Magazine's review by E. E Bradman, the bass is praised as:"Overall, the bass offered no stunning clarity or bright, modern tone, but thanks to the Reverend circuitry and semi-hollow design, it had a strong sound all its own. We recommend it to low-end lovers looking for a versatile 5 that evokes passive hollow- and semi-hollow bodies of the past. The Houser's looks will always stand out, but its sound and price will definitely turn heads and with flats, it'll move a dance floor, too."Collecting NotesThere were only 79 BH5's made and the most common color is Black, in which there are 14 instruments. Red Mahogany is the second most common color, but even so there are only 12 instruments in that finish. No other finishes makes it in to double digits, though there were four Sky Blue and two in Aged Yellow. Metal FinishesThe most common metal finish is Moroccan Gold, with 10 instruments, though one is listed as having a black back. Lava Swirl comes in close behind with 9 instruments. Bug Eye is right behind with 8. Fans of the Engine Turned Aluminum can sleep a little easier as there are 3 of those out there... somewhere. There are three Space Race Silver BH5s and two in Lake Superior Blue brushed aluminum. The last BH5 made, in Dragonfly Green noted above, is the only one in that color.Faux Wood FinishAlong with the 12 Red Mahoganies, there were four in Flamed Maple. There was one in Blue Wood, and one in Green Wood as well.There are single instruments in Blood Red, Safety Orange, Hunter Green, "Houser Purple" and Ultra Marine. Reverend BH5, one of 79 made, dates to 2003. As you no doubt know, Reverend no longer makes basses, but they have a loyal following, and for good reason. This is a passive bass with thunderous tones and a big variety of settings. String spacing is 19mm and the neck is 1.875" at the nut. Body color is red mahogany." ***Credit To Mr. Greg Calder, "Mr. REVFAN" for all the great spec's about this very cool bass. Thank you.
    I'm a DETROIT BASS PLAYER that lives in the Telegraph Rd & Michigan Ave. Location: Dearborn, Michigan USA
    **I do have more pictures available if interested.
    Terry

Attached Files:

2. tdbradley

3. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    And Droooling! I have a BH5 in Player Condition. Amazing Bass!

4. tdbradley

I do need to move this bass soon. Any offers???

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FunkyFlashFive

FunkyFlashFive

If only I hadn't just blown my cash on a ebmm silhouette bass, i'd be all over this.
    have a bump instead

7. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Aw man, I wish I could. Been lusting for one for years.

8. tdbradley

Bass is sold and gone. Thank you all for the support.