College Decision

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by askip, Apr 6, 2014.

1. askip

askip

Posted this in a different area but wasn't getting that much help, and thought that it didn't really fit the subject area so I'll try again here! I'm a senior in high school and am currently trying to decide between CU Boulder with Paul Erhard and Peabody with Paul Johnson. I was just hoping that there would be some people on here that have experience in these institutions with these teachers! Thanks for your help!

2. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Cu Bolder over absolutely anything, top notch education and the most fun you'll have of your life (including the awesome music scene throughout the whole state).

I would turn down a full ride to any school in the entire world for the right to pay full price for my time at CU.

During my 4 years there, I never met a single person who had even the slightest reservations about their decision. It's absolute paradise.

3. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Go visit, you'll make your mind up real quick. There's just something about it out there...

4. jazzcat_13

jazzcat_13

I'm going through the same process right now. The best thing to do is to think about who you really want to study with (these may be your top choices, so think about which of the two has a greater impact on your playing). Next, think about how you want you want and/or how you want to study. Whichever program matches your wants, that's where you need to go. This is what I did and made my choice pretty clear (CalArts). I hope it works out for you. And best of luck wherever you go.

5. Register to disable this ad