1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Combining Amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by inohv8bass, Dec 10, 2012.

1. inohv8bass

inohv8bass

So I was looking to upgrade my bass rig but am a little tight on cash as of now. Right now I have a Rumble 150 that I was hoping to connect to some old PA speakers I have. I was wondering if I could connect the direct out on the combo amp into the old QSC power amp and then into the PA cabinet. So the idea is to have the 150 combo powering itself, but the preamp effects would go through to the QSC head. Anybody think this would be plausible?

2. inohv8bass

inohv8bass

Also only one channel works on the QSC. I don't know if that would greatly effect it or not.

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    The output level on the direct out will be a little lower than ideal, but it will work. You'd be better off getting something like an ART Tube MP or a small mixer to boost the level after the direct out. Should be able to find either for around $50.

4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    This^^

If the Rumble has a line level out, that might work going straight to the poweramp, depending on the input sensitivity of the poweramp (how strong a signal it wants coming in to work properly). Won't hurt to try. If it sounds weak/anemic, follow the above advice. Set the DI to post-eq if possible.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    and on another note, if only one side of the qsc works, make sure you double-check your speaker impedance if you plan on using a pair of pa cabs.

7. countrybass007

countrybass007

I did a slave out to a power amp, which worked great. Maybe one of our TBers can give you a cheap solution to achieve this?