1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Coming to Seattle this summer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tuBass, Apr 4, 2014.

1. tuBass

tuBass

My Son is all into DOTA2, and he wanted to go to the international championship so badly that he's paying for my plane ticket so we can go together (he's 17 and couldn't get a hotel because he's underage)

So not only do I have a lot to learn about DOTA2, but I have a lot to learn about seatlle. Things to do, mass transit, ect

If you're from there, post up and tell me the "must catch" things about the city.

we'll be there from wednesday July 16th, and leaving the morning of the 22nd

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

The Hurricane Cafe and Mama's Mexican Kitchen for food.

-Mike

3. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Too bad you just missed the GTG last weekend :p. Lots to see and do around here - do you want the usual tourist sites, or some off-the-beaten-path stuff?

4. Marial

Marial They make pills for that, right? Gold Supporting Member

Pike Market. Tons of places to eat within and surrounding. Wild Ginger for pan-Asian fusion goodness, also connected to The Triple Door. If you're into steak I HIGHLY recommend the Metropolitan Grill. Exorbitantly expensive, but it just might be the best you've ever had, and therefore worth every penny. You might take the underground tour in Pioneer Square.

What are you into? There is a LOT to do, and even more to eat.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Never been there, but apparently it replaced the infamous Dog House, which I definitely have some history with. ;)

7. Marial

Marial They make pills for that, right? Gold Supporting Member

I would personally avoid the Hurricane unless you're still in college and enjoy sketchy food after a long night out. Same goes for Beth's Cafe. I'm no longer young and hip enough to enjoy eating at either establishment. Edited to add: any establishment that allows a sausage to molder behind the customer artwork is a place whose adherence to health codes I'd personally find highly suspect. This happened at Beth's, and it was the smell that tipped me off.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

The longest continually open restaurant in Seattle. It's got a dive feel, some of the staff are tattooed, wearing leather, sort of have a flippant attitude at times, but my goodness the food is amazing. When you get one of the quirky servers, it's an even better experience.

*Edit...I am not complaining about the appearance or attitude of the servers/staff. I quite like it actually. Just full disclosure as I know some folks don't care for it when dining out.

-Mike

9. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

They must be counting the time as the Dog House into that long run? The staff were always weirdos there (which is fine by me too), but used to tend toward beehive hairdos and calling everyone "hon", then mostly ignoring you. I worked right around the corner from there for a while, at the old music store in the converted car dealership building. Good times...:cool: