1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Comments on a bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by HalfPlayer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. HalfPlayer

HalfPlayer

Here it is

Peavey MAX 112 II 1X12 200W Bass Combo Amp
  2. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I can't personally speak to the most recent models but I've never heard much bad about Peavey through all the years I've been playing (since 1993). All of the Peavey products I've owned and used have been excellent build quality, decent sound, great value.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Peavey products in general to any beginner or even pro-level player depending on their application.

Perhaps some of the other users will have more specific info on that amp. I had a 1988 Peavey Minx for over 13 years as a practice amp that I took everywhere with me including camping outdoors. It was rock solid.
  3. tekdiver500ft

tekdiver500ft Supporting Member

If you like the way they sound, Peavey are a great way to go. They are stone reliable.
  4. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

had a basic 50 112 50 watts, pretty good for practicing at reasonable volumes, heavy and indestructable
  5. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Great amp. I have one. Works great for practice and small club gigs. I even used it outside at a campground gig and it did the job. Don't let the small size fool you. It can get pretty loud. I use a ZOOM B3 as a pre-amp usually and the pair work very well together.
  6. stingraysvt

stingraysvt Supporting Member

I used to work for a music store that sold mostly Peavey/Fender Bass gear and I have to say always thought the fender stuff was good but the Peavey gear kills. And depending on your geographical location you could get some pretty insane customer service there at the plant in Meridian, Ms