Comparing Nordstrand pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ezmar, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Ezmar

Ezmar

So this is probably around somewhere in the forums, but rather than sifting through to try to find something that answers my specific question, I figure I might as well just ask it. It's not like it's wasting a huge amount of anyone's valuable time, and I'll probably get better answers.

I'm interested in comparing Nordstrand Js to Big Singles to Big Splits. Maybe it will be hard to get a good comparison, but if there's anything people can tell me about these, or where I can find sound clips for comparison, that would be great.
  2. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

3. Ezmar

Ezmar

That's actually pretty useful, even if it does only have the Jazz pickup. My question is related to the custom build I'm formulating, and I usually play a Fender Jazz. So I know what Jazz pickups sound like, in general, but I'm very curious as to what the difference is with the Big Singles. I might even want to use one J and one Big Single, I have no Idea.

And I know I won't really know until I start talking with my builder, but the research and putting my dream bass together is half of the fun. :D