comparison of FEA compressors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ewo, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

I've been thinking about getting an FEA Labs compressor (er, getting on the wait list for one of 'em, I should say...), but wasn't sure how the various models compare.

I'm not at all knob-phobic, and I understand what the usual compressor parameters are about.

Could use comments the about tonal qualities of the various models, the benefits of having two-band as opposed to single-band compression, battery life, noise levels, durability in a gigging environment, and any other insights/experiences you might have. Thanks!

(I've used the EBS Multiband and Markbass Compressore units in a playing situation, by way of reference.)

2. soontobedead

soontobedead

Haven't had the luck to try one out, but based on Bongomania's review and being a 6 string player, I def want the dual band compressor... the second reason is because I would want to compress a bit more the lows so my 6th string would have even output and to prevent bigger volume spikes from lower notes, but keep my upper register more dynamic and responsive with less compression.

They're very pricey, and you can get the EBS dual comp one for less and with no waiting, though... I dunno how both (or other dual band comps) relate quality and sound-wise, so more experienced opinions would be great.