1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Complete Devastation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Nov 27, 2013.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I'm in tears as I just discovered my good friend today jumped 15 stories from the roof of the hospital he was in. I just can't believe it. He must have been calm when he did it because he was seen smoking a cigarette first before he walked off. I just saw him in the hospital - he woke up to see me. I'm a complete f***ing mess right now. I got sober with him, we got to rehab at the same time and he was in the room across from me. We got in trouble together for smoking cigs in the room, among other things, and stayed friends.

He had a rare disease called CPVT where his heart could not process adrenaline and that came with minor epilepsy. His sister posted that he could not take the medicine any longer. I can't imagine him going out like that so easily, so I am guessing he thought the end was near.

I am bawling so hard, and completely devastated right now. A special guy, and so loved.

He made the front page of Reddit today, with 2000 comments. I just can't believe it. 25 years old. Enjoy life while you have it boys. I will miss him so much. :crying:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen...razy_bastard_that_introduced_me_to/?limit=500

[​IMG]

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Stay strong. Definitely don't allow this to be reason for you to relapse!

3. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

That's terrible. Sincere condolences tasty.

I'm sure your TB brothers and sisters will inundate you with messages of support.

4. MartinG1957

MartinG1957 You can never have too many bones.... Supporting Member

Tasty, sincere condolences on your loss.
    Stay strong for yourself and for him.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Sincere condolences man.

There isn't much which is going to make it easier, though I would suggest avoiding the "why" aspect, IME it ends up being a bit circular and makes the grieving harder. Remember him the positives he brought you and take care buddy.

7. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear it. He looks like he must have been a fun guy - that's a crazy selfie!

8. PAC

PAC Banned

Sorry to hear about your friend. Good friends should be cherished. They are few and far between. Stay strong.

Paul

9. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

Well stated. Hang in there brother.

10. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.
    Hang in there as best you can.

11. hover

hover

So very sorry to hear of your loss, stay strong.

Tho we're faceless here (for the most part)... we still care, across the ether.

12. Truktek2

Truktek2

My deepest condolences. Way too young.

13. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    So sorry, my friend.

We never get used to losing good people.

Make your friend one of the people whose memory you're living for. It's the only positive thing I can think of to say right now.

Again, very very sorry.

14. blastoff99

blastoff99

I am so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this is for you, for the rest of his friends, for his family.

Someone commented here about not letting this be a reason for you to relapse. Good call. If meetings are your thing, go to more of them. If meetings are not your thing, seriously consider going. If you have a sponsor, talk with him. If you have a counselor, get on the phone to him or her NOW. Put as much support around yourself as you can.

I feel pretty confident in saying that your friend wouldn't want you to go down too. Do everything you can to keep it from happening.

15. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

16. Immigrant

Immigrant

As already stated, don't ponder "why" too much. Simply be thankful for the good memories you have and that you have them. Condolences.

17. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

So sorry to hear about it, ugh. Hang in there

18. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

I feel for you, that is friggin horrible to hear. Sincere condolences.

19. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

I'm sorry man. My mother took her own life in 2006, so I know how it feels. Stay strong, and please reach out to others for help if you feel you need it.

20. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

So sorry to hear that, Tasty. Stay strong, bro.

21. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Thank you everyone. When I checked this thread, I started choking up again. Thank you for caring about me and my welfare also. I still can't believe it.