Computer amp software?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassGoblin, Dec 31, 2013.

1. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Ok, so I don't have an amp and I've been playing rocksmith through my computer... However I'd like to attempt learning songs that are not in the game. Is there any software I could use? I can listen through either my headphones or the speakers. both are high quality for computer speakers.
  2. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

I've never used Rocksmith, so I may not understand all it does.

I use iTunes for practice, learning & working on songs. I don't know what else might be necessary.
  3. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

I meant software to amplify my bass
  4. WingKL

WingKL

You didn't mention what kind of computer you are running. If you are running Windows all you need is a way to hook up your bass to your PC mic input through probably a 1/4 inch to minijack adapter. The software to hear your bass is built in. If your Rocksmith software also installs audio drivers accesible from Windows, you can probably use your Rocksmith cable and DAW software like Reaper, set the input to your Rocksmith cable device and do your monitoring that way. There may be delay and sound quality issues however as mic inputs on PCs aren't exactly designed for high quality audio. You best bet is to get a small mixer or practice amp and practice that way rather than going through your computer even if the Rocksmith cable has user accesible drivers.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

I'll try that in a bit, but I just got home to find out that I can start any programs. My computer is giving me an error anytime I try to open one.