Computer music player

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crikker, Dec 5, 2013.

1. crikker

crikker Yooper From Way Back Supporting Member

I have winamp now but it's almost a done deal. I'm looking for a new player. I like how I can play any internet radio stations with winamp along with my personal music. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

3. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I use iTunes.

lowsound
  4. phangtonpower

phangtonpower

For music I use Foobar 2000. Not very pretty, but it's highly customizable and doesn't take up much memory.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Why is it "almost a done deal"? Just because they're not developing it further (presently - MS may buy it) doesn't mean that the installer you have will cease working, or the version you have installed will stop either.

However, if you must have an alternative, I like Foobar 2000, with the Spotifoo prepackaged theme (here: http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Spotifoo-1-3-1-190517269).
  7. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

Honestly, I don't see why anyone needs a version past 2.85 for winamp. It does what it was made for, works flawlessly, and doesn't have all that post aol buyout crap like video added in. I do believe that MS potentially buying winamp is false, since windows media (or whatever they're offering now) directly competes against it. The only reason MS would buy winamp is to obtain rights to the name itself or just to obtain the code rights to shore up their already excessive number of patents.
  8. eukatheude

eukatheude

Foobar. Period.
  9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I just use windows media player. I dont play much music from my computer. I have all my music on a 16g microSD card in my phone that I use as an mp3 player.
  10. cdef

cdef

11. phangtonpower

phangtonpower

Another reason I like foobar is that you can find all sorts of plugins. My favorite one allows you to slow down and change the pitch of music. It's awesome for when you're trying to learn really fast parts.
  12. Sonic_Death

Sonic_Death

Winamp 5.35 for life. Seriously.

At one misguided time in the past I did use Foobar 2000 and I didn't mind it though, FWIW.

But as others have said, Winamp won't magically stop working because they stopped making updates, and I have never really experienced bugs or issues using Winamp.
  13. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Man, you're still around? Need to change your signature too, haha.
  14. Sonic_Death

Sonic_Death

Life has definitely gotten in the way of my addiction to Talkbass, but I've still remained a lurker and occasional poster. I see no need to update my signature though!