1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

concentric knobs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by azureblue, Feb 20, 2014.

1. azureblue

azureblue

Does anyone know where to get concentric knobs that are numbered on the side? That is, so you can look down while playing and see where the knobs are set? Barrel knobs preferred.... Thanks

2. Lownote38

Lownote38

I can only find plastic ones that have numbers on them. Gibson style, and Fender Strat style.

3. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

John East has them for his pre's.

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Or put one drop of white-out on each knob for a visual referent.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. azureblue

azureblue

I thought about these types, particularity the Gibsons, but couldn't find them in concentric - do you have a source?

I also tried to track down barrel types that were smooth, so I could mark them, but all I could find were knurled. I have knurled ones already..

7. Lownote38

Lownote38

No source. The plastic ones were for split shaft pots. I haven't seen any that were for solid shaft pots.

8. azureblue

azureblue

Thanks I didn't find any either. I found some knurled ones with a slot cut in the edge of them to use as a marker. That is OK as long as the mark can be seen. Which is why I wanted a numbered knob.. I may have to get creative and drill holes in the side to use as markers..

9. Lownote38

Lownote38

I think you can get wooden knobs that would do the trick. I've seen them locally here in Nashville, where the knob is rosewood, and has a line inset into the knob that's made out of maple. They look pretty classy.

10. azureblue

azureblue

Thanks - that could be pretty on my white bass. I just found a thread here on Sadowsky knobs, too.