Concert picks, drumsticks, etc what do you have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sjeverett, Feb 15, 2014.

1. sjeverett

sjeverett

What kind of cool stuff have you picked up at concerts? Over the years I've collected
    4 Dimebag picks
    2 Vince Neil solo band guitar picks
    1 sponge guitar pick
    1 sponge bass pick
    2 Ozzy picks
    1 Metallica bass pick (Jason Newsted)
    1 Ratt setlist
    1 Rag thown by Gravity Kills singer
    1 bottle of water Shaun Morgan of Seether
    1 autographed picture from Poe, she also held my hand and sang to me...awwww
    Also met Mark Slaughter and Vince Neil and sang with Vince during Wildside.
  2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Picks from Bad Religion, Sick of it All, Korn and The Offspring/
    Setlists from Bad Religion and Sick of it All.

Got quite a few signed tickets and pictures with folks from bands too, there's other set lists and picks too, just can't think off hand (got a box of stuff, with my many boxes of stuff which is in my parents attic).

One of the oddest things I ever got from a band was a can of Guinness from Nathan Maxwell (Flogging Molly bassist).
  3. OneAri

OneAri

The Foo Fighters fired a bunch of mock $100 Bills with Grohls face and the moniker of 'Bank of the Foos' into the audience at Reading a few years ago, couple of friends managed to get their hands on quite a few
    Nothing special but it's nice when even the biggest bands can bring a gimmick like that to a show
    Missed out on one of Billie Joe Armstrongs 'disposable teles' that his tech makes for him to either trash/giveaway, think Premier Guitar said he gets through up to 10 on a tour
  4. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

From a Tool show in NJ
    10,000 Days Tour
    Stage used by God himself lol
    [​IMG]
  5. wraub

wraub

Disclosures:
    I'll have an IPA, please.
    Picks from Tenacious D, Nashville Pussy, and cottonmouth d.n. Also have a carbon fiber pick with a cannabis leaf on it, from some band I don't remember for some reason.
  6. tplyons

tplyons

Way too many picks, strings, drumsticks, drumheads to remember.

The pride of my collection was around everything that Jason Newsted had given me over the years... I have picks ranging from the first time he and I met while he was playing in EchoBrain to years later with Voivod and Ozzy Osbourne.

I've got some from my time working stage crews for bands like Third Eye Blind and Sugarcult too.
  7. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Nothing.

But my gf has a recording of her singing with Joe Strummer live. Also a picture of that. That's hard to beat right there.
  8. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Oh yeah oh yeah...well...hmm... check that one out...I have a tupperware container that used to belong to Blacky of Voivod . Cause once his wife at the time (actually i forget if they were married) gave me chocolate rice krispies treats she'd made for my bday and i forgot to bring the container back. So.................yeah. That's something right there...tupperware container...yup. Its yellow and like..old...like 80's old..if not more. You cant even microwave it. That **** will probably be vintage soon. I should ebay this stuff. "Vintage 80's yellow tupperware once belonged to legendary metal band bassist (and currently belongs to future legendary bassist)"
  9. duff beer

duff beer

I wouldn't touch most of those things unless I was wearing a pair of medical gloves. :D
  10. Goatee220

Goatee220 Bassist/Goalie Ordinaire Supporting Member

I have a harmonica from John Popper. Got it autographed at a meet and greet later.
  11. sjeverett

sjeverett

You have a valid point...
  12. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Not much other than an Unearth pick I found on the floor after the show cleared out and the vivid memory of George "Corpsegrinder" Fishers deathly cold handshake when I met him in the crowd watching their opening band play before his band, Cannibal Corpse, went on. Super cool guy BTW, I knew I was probably annoying him but I kept it short, didn't ask him to sign anything, and just wanted to tell him how much I appreciated his music, and he honestly seemed to appreciative. Too cool.
  13. thedane

thedane

I have a pair of Eddie Money's socks he wore on stage. Sears' Gold Toe.
  14. albertofrog

albertofrog

Just the one i can think of.

Phil Lynotts bass pick. and that is one thick pick!
  15. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

One CCR revisited bass pick. Given to me by a mate who figured I might use it. Maybe I'll figure out that picking thing one day.
  16. sjeverett

sjeverett

Eddie Money played near my home about a year and a half ago. He said he would be signing all concert shirts after the show. A friend of mine bought shirts for the whole family. As my friend and his family came up, Eddie decided he was done and got up to leave. He made a smart ass comment to my friend, so he punched Eddie Money. Then the whole family sprinted to the car.
    thedane likes this.
  17. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

I just want to say that, wow I haven't though of Gravity Kills in years. I have one of their albums with Guilty (their "hit") on it.
  18. sjeverett

sjeverett

I won the tickets to see Gravity Kills. 99.5kiss in San Antonio was taking the 99th caller during the "What the hell am I doing awake at this hour,hour" 3-4am it was a good show. Three of us caught the rag. We did the tug of war and it was futile so we cut it 3 ways.
  19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I have a drumstick from Matt Sorum when he played drums for Guns 'n Roses. I got it in Tacoma, Washington during the Use Your Illusion tour. I had a Paul Gilbert pick, but one of my buddies borrowed it to show some friends and never returned it.

-Mike
  20. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

While attending the Montreal Drum Fest with my drummer in 1996, I won a pair of Dennis Chambers' drumsticks via my seat ticket number. :)