1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Confidence in my amp!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zeppfan90, Jan 1, 2014.

1. zeppfan90

zeppfan90

I have a fender rumble 150w combo. I recently went to jam with a guitarist who has a lot of his own stuff written. When I got there he totally dissed my amp. Something along the lines of "yeah I played with a bassist before with the exact same amp and told him he needed a better one." I immediately thought "what a d-bag thing to say to someone." So we jammed and afterwards I asked him what he thought of the amp now and he said it sounded surprisingly pretty good. Just goes to show it's not the amp, but how you play!

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I think the reason so many different amps/cabs exist is because of the totally subjective nature of human ears.

3. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Tell him the amp comes along with you and your playing...deal with it or I will walk.

4. bassteban

bassteban

Tell him that you are so awesome and irresistable to the ladies that you must play a humble rig to avoid causing riots, and believe it.

5. Register to disable this ad