1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Conklin Guitars CGC45 Bass Guitar Case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoR Bass, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CoR Bass

CoR Bass Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Basses, Ashdown Amplifiers, Morley Pedals
  2. ole Jason

ole Jason

I've always heard they're really terrible and prone to falling apart. I'd buy one of the 7 string cases for $40 though

3. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Hey thanks for the heads up!

Been waiting years for them to blow out the Conklin case. Perfect!

4. CoR Bass

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    You're welcome! Just wondering how long til they drop the 7 string case. I figure if it ends up falling apart like the reviews say, I can cut the foam body mold out of it and put it into a hardshell.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Templar

Eventually you know they will. I read the bad reviews too, so $119 always seemed out of line. Maybe it's just BS, maybe the case is fine. How bad could it be anyway for $40. I like the soft/hard case concept, and now I have something made just for the Sidewinder body shape. Score.

7. Templar

My Conklin case came today. Not bad, but I'm glad I got it on blowout sale, wouldn't want to have paid the full $119.

The Rocco didn't quite fit into the pre-shaped recess. I had to carve out a little bit of foam to make room for the tip of the lower horn. Now the fit is pretty good, and secure.

Protection is good enough to toss in a van with other junk. Lighter weight than a hardcase.

[​IMG]

8. CoR Bass

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Mine came in today too. I can see why people wouldn't be too thrilled with it after paying $120. The foam is stiff and the nylon is screwed into the foam board or whatever it is with regular phillips head screws. I was hoping for softer foam and a snugger fit, but it's not too bad since I only paid $40. We'll see how it holds up, I don't gig a ton and I have other cases.
    DSCN1607.jpg

9. CoR Bass

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Is the Rocco body a bit different from the GT4 or 5? My GT5 fit fine with a bit of room to spare. When the 7 stg case drops, I'll probably go ahead and grab one too.

10. Templar

Sweet looking GT5 there. You have the Barts or the "Conklin" (Mitymite) pickups?

Looks like yours fits perfectly. Evidently, the Rocco has a slightly differently shaped Sidewinder body than the other GT's, eh? I had a GT4 for a while, but never noticed the difference. Interesting factoid.

11. CoR Bass

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Thanks. Bartolinis